Where could I find a site with different ideas about meaningful basket or goody bags? My daughter got one from her teacher one year that gum sticks that meant something, a peppermint something else. Each little thing she put in the bag had some kind of meaning. She said there were other ideas for holidays but i can't seem to find anything about gifts with meanings. Can anyone help?
I googled "survival kit goody bags", and found several sites for teachers with lists of items for goody bags and what each item represented. Hope this helps you.
I googled this and found the neatest place. AtoZ Teacher stuff. I think the one you want is there posted by someone named Michael...
Hope this helps.
Jean, I also am looking for items with meaning. I looked at what you suggesed and can't find any meaning of what items represent. Can you give any more detail?
I just regoogled survival kit goody bags, and found 2 sites with information about items and meanings. Both sites are discussions by teachers about making goody bags and the information is in their postings. Scroll through the postings, as the info is not right at the top of the sites. The 2 sites I found are: atozteacherstuff.com/showthread
Both are on the first page of site listings that I got when I googled survival kit goody bags. Hope this helps.
Google survival kit goody bags and click on the one that says AtoZ teacher stuff. It has several.
PENCIL-WRITE DOWN YOUR BLESSINGS EVERYDAY
TEA BAG-TO REMIND YOU TO RELAX AND GO OVER YOUR LIST OF BLESSINGS.
GUM-REMIND YOU TO STICK WITH IT AND REACH YOUR GOAL
BANDAGE-TO REMIND YOU TO HEAL HURT FEELINGS, YOURS OR OTHERS
MINT-TO REMIND YOU THAT YOU ARE WORTH A MINT TO YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS
CANDY KISS-TO REMIND YOU THAT EVERYONE NEEDS A KISS AND HUG EVERYDAY
ERASER-TO REMIND YOU THAT WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES AND THAT'S HOW WE LEARN
RUBBER BAND-TO REMIND YOU TO BE FLEXIBLE
TOOTHPICK-TO REMIND YOU TO PICK OUT THE GOOD QUALITIES IN OTHERS
A Student Survival Kit - The items in this bag have special meaning:
* The cotton ball is to remind you that this room is full of kind words and warm feelings.
* The chocolate kiss is to comfort you when you are feeling sad.
* The tissue is to remind you to help dry someone's tears.
* The sticker is to remind you that we all stick together and help each other.
* The star is to remind you to shine and always try your best.
* The rubber band is to remind you to hug someone.
* The penny is to remind you that you are valuable and special.
* The toothpick is to remind you to "pick out" the good qualities in your classmates.
* The bandage is to heal hurt feelings in your friends and in yourself.
* The gold thread is to remind you that friendship ties our hearts together.
* The eraser is to remind you that we all make mistakes, and that is okay.
* The Life Savers are to remind you that you can come to me if you need someone to talk to.
google search: poem posters that use candy wrappers and gum wrappers
A real good site for tons and tons of survival kits is Di's Delightful Creations & Crafts. http://members.tripod.com/diginncrafts/survivalkits.html.
Hope this helps.