Brownie Style Chocolate Cake Recipe

Does anyone have a chocolate cake recipe that is similar to the Betty Crocker's brownie mix? I am looking for a dense dark chocolate cake.

Thanks for your help,
seahag3 from Victoria, BC

The best is the Hershey's Perfect Chocolate Cake recipe (located on the back of the canister) and you must make the frosting! Ha found the link! ... amp;category_ID=13&product_ID=19

I have put this in a bundt pan (a little gooey inside) and my son loves it, no complaints! We go half wholewheat flour to make it a little heavier and healthier (Bob's Red Mill is good!)

Or try the brownies by Hershey:

1 cup (2 sticks) butter

2 cup Sugar

2 tsp vanilla extract

4 eggs

1 cup all-purpose flour

3/4 cup Cocoa

1/2 tsp Baking Powder

1/4 tsp Salt

1 Cup Nuts or Chocolate Chips (optional)

Heat oven to 350 F. Grease 13 X 9 X 2 pan. Microwave Butter on high for 2 minutes/until melted. Stir in Sugar and Vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one. Add flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; beat until well blended, then add optional; pour into pan. Bake for 30-35 min or until they pull away from side of pan. Cool completely. Yields 36 brownies.

You may want to try the frosting for the cake on it (I always have extra)

And I just found on the Hershey's site that they have Special Dark baking cocoa (lovely!) But I get great results with the Dutch Processed, more dark than the traditional you find in the states.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesJune 11, 2006
Mint Brownies
Mint Brownie Recipes
Rocky Road Brownie
Rocky Road Brownie Recipes
Chocolate fondue
Chocolate Fondue Recipes