Chocolate Custard Cake Recipe
This fluffy, delicious chocolate cake is sure to become a favorite. This page contains a chocolate custard cake recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Not too sweet, melt in your mouth, and easy to make. Be sure to try the vanilla version too.
Total Time: 1 Hour (bake) (20 To prep.)
Yield: 9-12 pieces
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups lukewarm milk
- powdered sugar for dusting top
- Line 8 x 8" baking dish with parchment.
- Separate eggs. Beat whites until stiff, set aside.
- Beat the yolks and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add butter and vanilla. Beat 2 mins.
- Add the cocoa and flour, mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add the milk and beat until everything is well blended.
- Add the whites, a third at a time and gently fold in using a spatula. Repeat until all whites are folded in, until you no longer have large egg white clumps.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake approx. 60 min. until top is lightly golden.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill.
- Dust top with powdered sugar.
April 10, 20160 found this helpful
This looks great! Where is the recipe for the vanilla custard cake recipe?