Chocolate Custard Cake Recipe
April 8, 2016
Not too sweet, melt in your mouth, and easy to make. Be sure to try the vanilla version too.
Total Time: 1 Hour (bake) (20 To prep.)
Yield: 9-12 pieces
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups lukewarm milk
- powdered sugar for dusting top
- Line 8 x 8" baking dish with parchment.
- Separate eggs. Beat whites until stiff, set aside.
- Beat the yolks and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add butter and vanilla. Beat 2 mins.
- Add the cocoa and flour, mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add the milk and beat until everything is well blended.
- Add the whites, a third at a time and gently fold in using a spatula. Repeat until all whites are folded in, until you no longer have large egg white clumps.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake approx. 60 min. until top is lightly golden.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill.
- Dust top with powdered sugar.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.