Custard Layer Cake
A unique cake with a custard center. Easier than it looks. It starts out as basic cake batter and turns into a custard layer cake.
Be sure to try the Chocolate version too!
Total Time: 20 minutes to prep, 1 hour to bake
Yield: 9-12 pieces
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups lukewarm milk
- powdered sugar for dusting top
- Line 8 x 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Separate eggs. Beat whites until stiff, set aside.
- Beat the yolks and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add butter and vanilla. Beat 2 minutes.
- Add flour and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add the milk and beat until everything is well blended.
- Gently fold in the egg whites using a spatula, a third at a time. Repeat until all the whipped egg whites are folded in. You will no longer have large white clumps.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake approx. 60 minutes until top is lightly golden.
- Cool to room temperature, and then chill.
- Dust top with powdered sugar.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.