Coconut Custard Pie Recipes
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts
November 27, 2012
Read More Comments
It can be hard to find a true custard pie. This coconut custard pie has a nice subtle flavor without being too sweet.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 pie
- 1 9 in. pie crust, thawed
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lay a piece of parchment paper onto your pie crust. Then add either pie weights or 2 cups uncooked rice. Bake for 12 minutes, then set aside to cool. Once cool, remove the paper and weights/rice.
- While the shell is baking begin making the filling. Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, coconut extract, and salt in a mixing bowl. Beat well, then set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine 1/4 cup coconut milk with cornstarch. Stir to dissolve cornstarch. Heat over medium heat, but do not boil. Stir constantly. Add remaining coconut milk and cook until thickened. Then remove from heat.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour hot coconut milk mixture into egg mixture. Whisk constantly, while adding it a little at a time.
- Pour the custard mixture into the pre-baked pie shell. Sprinkle the shredded coconut on top.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until custard is firmly set. Cool. This pie can be served warm or cold.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
November 26, 2008
Mix all ingredients in order and blend until thickened. Pour into 9x13 inch pyrex and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
Cool. Mix together topping ingredients until thick and pour on top of custard. Very good.Read More...
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 5,887 Posts
December 2, 2009
Beat eggs slightly. Stir in granulated sugar, salt, and vanilla. Gradually stir in milk; reserve 1/2 cup coconut for top. Add remaining coconut to custard. Pour into pie shell.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.