Coconut Custard Pie Recipes
This delicious custard pie is sure to become a family favorite. This page contains coconut custard pie recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
It can be hard to find a true custard pie. This coconut custard pie has a nice subtle flavor without being too sweet.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 pie
- 1 9 in. pie crust, thawed
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lay a piece of parchment paper onto your pie crust. Then add either pie weights or 2 cups uncooked rice. Bake for 12 minutes, then set aside to cool. Once cool, remove the paper and weights/rice.
- While the shell is baking begin making the filling. Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, coconut extract, and salt in a mixing bowl. Beat well, then set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine 1/4 cup coconut milk with cornstarch. Stir to dissolve cornstarch. Heat over medium heat, but do not boil. Stir constantly. Add remaining coconut milk and cook until thickened. Then remove from heat.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour hot coconut milk mixture into egg mixture. Whisk constantly, while adding it a little at a time.
- Pour the custard mixture into the pre-baked pie shell. Sprinkle the shredded coconut on top.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until custard is firmly set. Cool. This pie can be served warm or cold.
- 3 eggs well beaten
- 1/4 cup melted butter, cooled
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
- 1 tsp. grated lime
- 1/2 tsp. coconut flavoring
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 pint whipped cream
- 1 tsp. grated lime
- 3 tsp. confectioners sugar
Mix all ingredients in order and blend until thickened. Pour into 9x13 inch pyrex and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Cool. Mix together topping ingredients until thick and pour on top of custard. Very good.
By Debra from Smyrna, GA
Beat eggs slightly. Stir in granulated sugar, salt, and vanilla. Gradually stir in milk; reserve 1/2 cup coconut for top. Add remaining coconut to custard. Pour into pie shell.Read More...
May 29, 20130 found this helpful
It can be hard to find a true custard pie. This coconut custard pie has a nice subtle flavor without being too sweet. View the full recipe here: Coconut Custard Pie