Apple Almond Custard Pie Recipe
The custard like filling of this pie boasts the delicious flavors of apples and almonds. This page contains an apple almond custard pie recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Not your typical apple pie. This pie has a custard like filling, is sweet, creamy, and laced with almonds. Did I mention the delicious crunchy topping? Yum.
Total Time: About 15 minutes prep
Yield: About 8 servings
Source: Modified from a recipe out of an old Dutch cookbook.
- 1 pre-made or homemade pie crust
- 3/4 white cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 cups chopped apples, I used Red Delicious
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- For filling; combine white sugar, flour, and salt. Add sour cream, almond extract, and egg. Add apples and place in your unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F, bake another 30 minutes.
- For topping, combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter or margarine, and chopped almonds. Distribute evenly over the top of your pie. Bake another 15 minutes, remove.
- This pie will need to be stored in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- Note: If you do not like almond flavor, simply exchange vanilla extract and omit the almonds from the topping.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.