Apple Almond Custard Pie Recipe
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 293 Posts
January 14, 2015
Not your typical apple pie. This pie has a custard like filling, is sweet, creamy, and laced with almonds. Did I mention the delicious crunchy topping? Yum.
Total Time: About 15 minutes prep
Yield: About 8 servings
Source: Modified from a recipe out of an old Dutch cookbook.
- 1 pre-made or homemade pie crust
- 3/4 white cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 cups chopped apples, I used Red Delicious
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- For filling; combine white sugar, flour, and salt. Add sour cream, almond extract, and egg. Add apples and place in your unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F, bake another 30 minutes.
- For topping, combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter or margarine, and chopped almonds. Distribute evenly over the top of your pie. Bake another 15 minutes, remove.
- This pie will need to be stored in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- Note: If you do not like almond flavor, simply exchange vanilla extract and omit the almonds from the topping.
Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 158 Feedbacks
January 14, 20150 found this helpful
Oooh! I have been trying to find a good recipe for a sour cream apple pie. This may be the winner. I'll be making it soon. Thanks.
January 15, 20150 found this helpful
January 20, 20150 found this helpful
Here is another treat to add to my list of things to make. Thank you.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.