One Piece Crochet Afghan Project

I am looking for a winter time crochet afghan one piece project to do in front of the TV.

Karen from Tri Cities Washington

Hi! I found an awesome throw on the Michaels.com website. It is made from Bernat Soft Boucle yarns and works up very quickly. Check out the website as there are many crochet projects to choose from.

Google free+crochet+afghan+patterns and I think you'll find just what you're looking for. I'm particularly fond of the ripple pattern. Have fun and God bless you.

I love grannies. They are easy, pretty mindless and you can make each row a different color if you want. I make mine with three Half Doubles in each one, then don't make a chain between them. I make a 1 chain stitch between the 6 on the corners, and it turns out nice a full.

Ripples are nice too. If you like a single crochet, you can chain an even number of stitches on your chain, then crochet one and chain one, skipping one, etc. Make sure you are doing the same number on each row or it will "grow" on you. I do them with scrap yarn and they come out really pretty.

Here's one I made for my grandson for this Christmas. Enjoy

You can do one big granny square if you want all one piece. I have done that and it turned out cute. You can also do zig zag or just just straight line and crochet up from there.