Remedy for Too Much Perfume

Most people don't even realize they are wearing too much perfume. If you can still smell your perfume a half hour after putting it on, you likely are wearing too much. To help prevent putting too much on, spray it in front of you and then walk through the spray. To remove excess perfume, make a paste of water and baking soda and rub it where you applied the perfume, then rinse off the area with water.

By ThriftyFun

OR - wear none at all !! I cannot tell you how often I've had to move to another seat at a public event because the perfume is making me sick. I get an instant headache. My employees are not allowed to wear perfume, scented body wash or shampoo or hair spray to work. WHY do some people try to cover up body odor with lots of perfumes?? I simply cannot tolerate it - it's not my choice, just my body. My skin itches, my eyes water, my stomach gets upset - PLEASE PEOPLE!!! Cigarettes are banned and it is getting to the point where perfumes should be, too. They CAN be used in moderation!!

I think banning perfume in public places sounds like a wonderful idea! I have the same reaction as the previous poster. Probably 95% of all perfumes or scents causes me an instantaneous splitting headache and nausea. My eyes itch to the point I feel like clawing at them to make it stop! I too assume that the folks who are swimming in perfume or aftershave didn't bother to bathe and think they're covering it up by splashing on another layer of perfume!

My co-worker douses himself in it every morning and it is killing me. What can I do? We've tried talking to him but he doesn't get it.

My grandmother used to consider perfume as "one stink covering up another stink." Maybe grandma had a good point! I have noticed over the years people seem to be wearing less perfume, at least where I live. As for myself I sometimes use scented soap and powder after my shower at night. Occasionally I might wear perfume in the day. I recall one perfume which I loved, but my family hated. I can still hear my son telling me he could smell me before I even appeared. The first time he made the statement he was mowing the lawn and I was up on the deck. Lol in any case I seldom wore it unless they weren't around. We need to think of others.

Not everyone is trying to cover up body odor with perfume. In fact I think most who don't care enough to shower everyday could care less about perfume or aftershave.

I personally love to walk by someone who smells wonderful it can literally make my day! But I do feel for those who get a bad reactions to it. I know when my daughters want to go into the "bath" stores or even the candle stores I have to leave after just a few minutes as it gives me a terrible headache.

Many folks treat perfume like they are dynamiting fish. It is supposed to be subtle, make them want to come closer to identify it, not stun them at 30 paces. Right now, I have a problem. Brand new bra that I accidentally used scented arm and hammer on. I wash them in the sink and thought I had bought unscented laundry soap. I accidentally got "Clean Burst" instead. I have washed it in the sink over and over, and in the machine with baking soda. It still reeks. I can't wear it. I am going to try soaking it in a vinegar solution overnight and washing again. After that, if its not better, it goes to the Goodwill and I buy another brand new one. It reeks. I used my kid's nose to make sure its not just me and it gave him breathing problems immediately.

Woman spraying perfume into the air.
Removing Perfume Smell
Health & Beauty Beauty Body PerfumeApril 13, 2006
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Woman applying perfume to wrist.
Using Perfume
Perfume Bottles
Shelf Life of Perfume
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
🎉
🎄