Microfiber Cleaning System For Wood Floors

Has anyone tried the new swiffer-like microfiber cleaning system for wood floors that comes with a cleaner and upkeep liquids? It runs about $15. We have an older wood floor with some dark spots that were under a carpet we removed and has some scratches. I have used the swiffer wet pads on the wood floors and it leaves them sticky.

I have cats, so frequent hair removal is a must, and they like to throw up on the floor. I dry mop (sweep) a couple times a week and wet mop every 2 weeks or spot clean the pet presents.

Debi from Youngstown, OH

Please stop using these, as I know some are very harmful and fatal for pets, especially cats.... I know some lost their pets because these wet cleaners are very toxic and can cause liver disease, that might be why your cats throw up.. as the cleaner comes in contact with the paws of the cats and they lick themselves... please check for any warning... you can clean your floors with a little water and vinegar and save your cats from any illness. Catperson who cares.

To get through the gunk, Murphy's oil soap is one of the best (vegetable oil based) or use the water/vinegar if the finish is old. Lemon Juice is another that kills bacteria, but is even SAFER.

I totally agree with the other postings but just wanted to add something. The pads on the Swifter wet jet is excellent for picking up pet hair. So I don't use the spray liquid with my swifter. I use a spray bottle with 1/8 lemon juice then equal parts of vinegar and water. I simply mist a small area of the floor and use the swifter to mop it up. It cleans hard wood like a dream and the microfiber cloth picks up the hair and cuts down on streaking.

I got a package of 6 white /cream dish/wash cloths at the Dollar Tree. They are a perfect size replacements for the swiffer PLUS washable. I use Windex to clean my laminate floors. It was recommended by the floor maker. I know you were asking about WOOD floors , but thought some readers might be interested in this thrifty hint.

How do you get scuff marks off hardwood floors? I have heard using a dry clean tennis ball?

Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsMarch 12, 2006
Guilty Basset Hound with muddy feet and a trail of muddy paw prints
Cleaning Dog Prints from Hardwood Floors
Brown microfiber couch.
Cleaning Microfiber Furniture
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Hand wiping white residue off wooden floor
Cleaning Haze on Hardwood Floors