Crocheting Tea Towel Toppers

My mom used to crochet the tops of tea towels. She crocheted on the top of them to create a holder on the top that came down with a loop and a button on it, so it could be hung on the handle of the cabinet or drawers in the kitchen. I do not know how to do this. Does anyone in the thrifty fun audience know how to do this?

I would also like to learn to crochet. How does one go about doing this?

By Catharine

I dont know how to crochet on top of tea towels though there is a woman in my town who does it and sells them for 3 dollars apeice and they are adorable. Anyway I can say something about learning to crochet. The way I started learning. I bought a kit at walmart called learn to crochet, it has a book, needles, etc. Shows you the basics to learn. Very helpful to me, then I got the crocheting for dummies book, lol.

ok www.freecraftunlimited.com/dishtowel. Has the instructions and as for learning to crochet they do have videos on the computer or you can go to your local library to teach you how. Good luck

You can use a taspry sewing needle which is a plastic needle to do hand sewing to start your beginning part of the base of the top of the hand towel then after you put about maybe 4 or 5 base on the size of the top of the towel start knitting any shape or crocheting any shape you want rectangle is the easiest by knitting together the ends each time you do a line to make the shape go retangly.

When finish sew your favorite or match your color button on the top middle part of the rectangle shape that you did on the hand towel. Then after looking at you have a tea towel topper. I always called those hanging towels. But never knew they were called tea towel toppers. I hope I helped. Pam G.

A kitchen towel with blue yarn crocheted on the top.
Crocheted Towel Topper
Crafts CrochetNovember 26, 2009
A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Crocheting a Stocking
Crocheting a Stocking
Towel Holder
Making a Kitchen Towel Holder
🎉
🎄