Growing Hollyhocks in Containers

I started hollyhocks from seed this spring and have transplanted them into a pot, hoping that they would have a chance to grow before the rabbits got to them.

Can I individually plant them in pots and keep them in the house over winter or do they need to go dormant? Can I plant these small plants in MN and have them come back next spring? I'm assuming that this far north they need to be mature plants to reseed themselves. This is the first time I have had hollyhocks and any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Hardiness Zone: 3b

By Dennis N from Tracy, MN

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

August 31, 2010 Flag

Can you grow double hollyhocks in big containers?

By Melissa from Eustis, FL

Answers:

Growing Hollyhocks in Containers

Yes, Hollyhocks can grow in almost any climate as long as they are provided with water, sun and composted soil. Because they can multiply easily, only grow hollyhocks in containers, or be sure to cut them down before they produce seeds. (03/09/2010)

By kffrmw88

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Blooming Hollyhocks
Growing Hollyhocks in Containers
Home and Garden Gardening ContainerAugust 31, 2010
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:43:06 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.