Growing Hollyhocks in Containers?

Category Container
Because of their height and root ball size traditional hollyhocks may not be the best choice for container gardening. There are however, smaller varieties that are much better suited to growing in pots. This is a page about growing hollyhocks in containers.

I started hollyhocks from seed this spring and have transplanted them into a pot, hoping that they would have a chance to grow before the rabbits got to them.

Can I individually plant them in pots and keep them in the house over winter or do they need to go dormant? Can I plant these small plants in MN and have them come back next spring? I'm assuming that this far north they need to be mature plants to reseed themselves. This is the first time I have had hollyhocks and any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Hardiness Zone: 3b

By Dennis Nord from Tracy, MN

Home and Garden Gardening ContainerApril 28, 2013
🌻
🐛
😷
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf73486178.tip.html