Removing Crayon From Car Seats - Categories:

Cleaning InteriorCars

Removing Crayon From Car Seats

How do I clean melted crayon from car seats?

By Barb from WY

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

You can use GOOF OFF (in the METAL can). I purchase it at Wal-mart in the paint supplies and it comes in a small metal yellow can. The orange GOOF OFF stuff in cleaning supplies doesn't work well for what you want. I use this to take wax out of carpet. Works!!!

I lovecrayons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as an emo, I thought I would share some knowledge on your factor. I believe that you should leave them on, they may create a new passion or vibe that can inspire you and any children you may have to have a spiritful day filled with great joy and mild compassion.

count your self lucky: the fortune that has leapt upon you will be magnificent.

embrace life and don't end up an emo like me,

yours painfully:emogal21

September 27, 2010 Flag

How can I get melted crayon out of the cloth of my car seat?

By Julie

Answers:

Removing Crayon From Car Seats

Go to: crayola.com It is the "Crayola" website, the webpage to start if you have a problem with stains from Crayola products. (06/29/2010)

By Fortunately

June 27, 2010 Flag

How do I remove melted crayons from the fabric of my SUV seat? The sun melted them. Help me please.

By Connie from Lillington, NC

Answers:

Removing Crayon From Car Seats

Put a brown paper bag over stain and go over it with a hot iron. It worked for me when I spilled candle wax on the carpet. Good luck. (04/01/2010)

By karenw81

Removing Crayon From Car Seats

1. First scrape off most of the wax using a cold spoon. Place several spoons in freezer first.

2. Next, take 3 or 4 paper towels at a time and stack them on top of the crayons then heat the area with a blow dryer and rub the area with the back of the metal spoon (which will get hot from the blow-dryer) or use an iron that is not too hot. Continually stacking clean paper towels on the area until almost all of the wax has been removed.

3. To remove the last of the wax, use mineral spirits from the hardware store (in the paint area). Or fingernail polish remover made for artificial nails.

4. Mineral spirits, paint thinner, and fingernail polish remover are extremely flammable, so clean this totally off using "Goop" hand cleaner (from the dollar store) and a toothbrush. Let sit for a while then use another cleaner (see step 5). Goop is made to clean greasy-oily hands and stains.

5. Lastly, to remove any extra left over mineral spirits you can clean the area with a foam-in upholstery and rug cleaner or "Awesome" cleaner from the dollar store. Full-strength "Awesome" removes even tar from carpets and I have been told by $1 store employees that contractors and builders often stock up on case or more of this cleaner! Try to find this first, or use a "scrubbing-bubbles" type of bathroom cleaner in a spray can from the dollar store.

* Note: Before using any of the above products, check in an unseen area first for color-fastness! (04/02/2010)

By Cyinda

April 1, 2010 Flag

My children left crayons in the back seat of our vehicle. We live in the desert where it is 118 degrees, the crayons melted and now our back seat is a horrible mess! Please help! I have no idea how to remove the stains.

Rachel from Palm Springs, CA

Answers:

Removing Crayon From Car Seats

Put an absorbent cloth over the melted crayon and "iron" over that cloth. Hope it helps. (06/30/2008)

Removing Crayon From Car Seats

You do not say whether your seats are fabric, leather, etc...however, nothing ventured nothing gained in trying the magic eraser. The original is from Mr. Clean and usually in the laundry aisle. They range from 2.00-4.00 or so, depending upon brands and quantity. The worst that can happen is you have to steam clean your seats (a small cleaner is about 30 bucks). You can also call dry cleaners, car dealerships and ask people at car wash places (do they have attendants anymore?) about their opinions.

Good luck. (07/02/2008)

By KLS8800.

Removing Crayon From Car Seats

Scrape off bigger chunks of crayon, then use WD-40. Works great! (07/23/2008)

By Karen

Removing Crayon From Car Seats

Scrape off any excess crayon with the dull edge of a knife or your fingernail. Be careful not to create more of a mess.
This step to remove the crayon even further: Iron the spot using brown paper bag, very absorbent towel, paper or unpainted cardboard, being careful with temperature of the iron.

To completely remove the stain, the best secret of all is to sprinkle baking soda over area, rub into stain, then vacuum and repeat the process. Use this for all stains. No one wants the smell of WD-40 in their car. (08/05/2009)

By Alan Blaize

Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning InteriorSeptember 27, 2010
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Infant car seat.
Car Seat Safety
Leather Car Seats
Cleaning Leather Car Seats
Cleaning Boat Seats
Cleaning Boat Seats
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 2, 2016 at 11:08:51 PM on 10.0.0.70 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.