What to Keep in a Safety Deposit Box?

What are good items to keep in a safety deposit box? So far I have passports and original birth certificates.

By Stella from Manchester, WA

Best Answer

I lost everything in a house fire. So, here is my list...

Jewelry you don't wear often

Stocks and bonds

Photo copies of babies book and marriage license copy

Negatives of photos, at least one copy of wedding and baby pix of each kid

Video of the inside of you home, including good photos of all furniture and Valuables

List of all credit card numbers and all family phone numbers and address (I copied my address book)

Old coins or military medals, grandmas wedding ring

Copies or original important documents

I also keep a few hundred dollars cash in ours, as well as some in a fireproof box at home.

Any important papers such as will,power of attorney,home deed, stocks and bonds, etc. You may find more info on google.

Anything and everything that you consider valuable, or that you do not want stolen, lost or destroyed. Also they make a nice safe place to store any small firearms you may have, if you lack a gun safe.

Anonymous

Besides important legal documents, jewelry, cash, etc also special keepsakes like your first love letter, locks of your children's hair or other irreplaceable things like your high school, trade school or college diploma.

Insurance papers.

I took an inventory of everything I owned, for insurance purposes. My entire life is on a cd, with a copy to my daughter and friends. That is pretty safe, so I don't need a box. The list is good, except the insurance papers.

When people die, the bank usually seals the boxes for six months or till the account time has run out. If it's the only copy...well, you can assume the rest.

With scanners, home safes, and backups for the backups, they are going to go the way of the beta so you might want to come up with things to do yourself and save money.

If you are a total 'peace of mind' person, consult the banker for their policy of opening it for surviving relatives. If you feel it works for your life, great. I would visit this google site and pick some that give you answers we can't.

http://www.goog  amp;aql=&oq=