Making Potholder Looms

Does anyone know how to make a loom for making potholders. I have 2 grandsons and would like to teach them how to do this. I don't want to go to the expense of buying 2 looms. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Karen from Clemmons, NC

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By mcw 80 1,754 02/11/2009

Maybe you can get someone to make you two for potholder looms your Grandsons.

http://www.northwestnatureshop.com/ ... rts_and_Crafts/Knitting_and_Weaving/

How to Create a Craft Loop

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Heather 29 146 02/11/2009

It's pretty easy to make. Take a square of wood (the size you want the pot holder to be) and hammer in nails along the edges, evenly spaced(about 1/4 inch). And it's done. Also remember you can make the loops from old t-shirts!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By londa (Guest Post) 02/13/2009

Any bit of sturdy cardboard can become a loom. Just cut notches in two opposite edges! If you want to weave with yarn or string or rag strips, just wrap first the up and down strands, and weave the under over right to left on them. This way you can make all kinds of sizes and widths. I taught weaving to 9 year olds in a school this way and they LOVED it. Most of them made narrow bracelets out of cheep yarn.
This is actually easier than using those streachy loops that are very popular.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No