Removing Stickers from Delicate Clothing

How would I remove a mark left behind from removing the sizing sticker tape off a shirt? The mark is not sticky, but is paler than rest of the shirt (green) and certainly noticeable. I've removed hundreds of these size stickers without this having happened! The shirt if made of cotton/silk, and dabbing the mark with Woolite hasn't had any effect. Thanks!

By LiLi from Detroit

Answers

It sounds like the adhesive from the sticker has bonded with the fabric. You might try using rubbing alcohol to break down the adhesive, then scrub it a bit. The rubbing alcohol shouldn't hurt your fabric.

December 18, 2010 Flag

My daughter left a name tag sticker on a brand new black blouse. I washed it, but did not dry it and realized that the sticker was there. How do I get the sticker off now. I have kept it wet and I don't want to pick at it because it is a delicate top and it causes peeling of the fabric if I do so. Please help to save the top.

Karyn from Orange Park, FL

Answers:

I've used a product called "GooGone" for just that purpose. Spot test on a hem first, but it should do the trick. (02/23/2006)

By jseiler

The GooGone will work. But you could also try an iron, set on the correct setting for the fabric, on the reverse side of the fabric with a piece of paper towel underneath. The glue should melt and stick to the towel.

Depending on the fabric, rubbing alcohol will also dissolve the glue, but test on a small area first to be sure it won't damage the fabric.
Good luck to you! (02/24/2006)

By Madelynnsmama

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsDecember 18, 2010
Wood Door
Removing Stickers from a Wood Door
child's hands cutting out a butterfly drawing
Making Homemade Stickers
Bumper Stickers on Car
Using Bumper Stickers
A bottle of Goo Gone, great for removing stickers from plastic.
Removing Stickers from Plastic
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 7:19:33 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.