Ink on Suede Sofa

How do I get ink out of a suede sofa?

By Kari

Years ago we would spray ink with hairspray. I would test an area on the back to see if it will bother the suede though.

October 14, 2009 Flag

My 1 year old wrote on my suede sofas with a ink pen. How do I remove it? Please help.

Ink on Suede Sofa

Cassandra, have you tried a Mr. Clean Eraser?

Marlene (08/20/2005)

By MsMarlene

Ink on Suede Sofa

You can get this cleaner that's all natural at Walmart called De-solv-it (Desolve it) it works wonders. It got acrylic blue paint out of my tan carpet that had set for a few days. Try it. I hope it works. (08/20/2005)

By lilonreyfireball

Ink on Suede Sofa

Hairspray works great to get ink out of clothing. Just spray it on and rub the ink out. I've never tried it on suede though. (08/20/2005)

By Becky

Ink on Suede Sofa

I would try a super fine sandpaper. This worked on a purse I had. (08/23/2005)

By Donna

Ink on Suede Sofa

Awesome can be bought at Dollar Tree and it took 3 huge blobs of Sharpie ink out of my suede-like couch. It was the only thing that would work. (08/26/2005)

By suzi homemaker

Ink on Suede Sofa

Thank you so much Marlene. I had a Magic Eraser and I never would have even thought of it. It worked great. (11/01/2008)

By twiztid

Ink on Suede Sofa

My husband called me today at work to let me know my 3 year old grandson had written on the arm of my new sofa with ink. I looked on Google and read that Windex works. It does. He called back later to say stains all gone. (12/11/2008)

By Sheila

Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherOctober 14, 2009
Suede Couch
Cleaning Cat Urine From Suede
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather