Use Water To Avoid Hard Crusts When Baking Bread

When bread is baking, a small dish of water in the oven will help to keep the crust from getting hard.

Actually, I have always used water in the oven to make nice crusty bread! Some bread bakeries even have ovens that have steam injection to make the crust "crustier".

Hey guys, I find baking bread really discouraging! I mean my crust turns out really hard. There is no lovely brown crust; mostly it turns out heavy not light and fluffy, and the taste is... umm just OK.

I have tried putting a plate of water in the over while the bread is baking, I have adjusted the amount of water because the first time my dough was a little too sticky. I put it at the bottom rack of the oven so that it rises quickly. I have put butter on the top after taking it out of the oven.

My recipe is:

3.5cups all purpose flour (sifted), 3.5 tsp of melted butter, 1.75 cups of water, 1 tsp of active dry yeast, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 Tbsp. sugar.

I mix yeast, let it bubble (approx 10 min), mix dough and water. Knead for 3 min or so, add butter, knead again. Let it rest for an hour (till it doubles in size at least), then make rolls/balls, let it rest about 1/2 an hour more till they all stick together a little, and bake in over at 375 Degrees F. for 30 min.

What do you guys think I am doing wrong? :( Please someone help!

Baking Bread, Loaf of baked white bread.
Baking Bread
Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking BreadApril 30, 2008
Pie Crusts for the Freezer
Making Pie Crusts for the Freezer
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Rising Dough
Getting Dough to Rise
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
🎉
🎄