Browsing: Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle

Occasionally the spray nozzle on your perfume bottle gets clogged or simply stuck. This is a guide about repairing a perfume spray nozzle.

Spray bottle of perfume.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

May 8, 2010 Flag

Is there a simple method to get a plastic spray bottle working properly? Or, in the alternative, is there a certain type or brand name plastic spray bottle which is reliable?

In the past, I have used old spray bottles that once contained brand name cleaners; sometimes they work, usually they fail after a while. Recently I bought a brand new empty spray bottle from Walgreens. It has a spring in the trigger mechanism. However, my anticipation turned to disappointment when it stopped spraying; there is nothing visibly clogging it.

Any thoughts?

By Tracy from Kansas City, MO

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I've purchased several spray bottles from Wal-Mart, only to quickly become frustrated. They don't make them like they used to! I have one that's probably 15 years old, and it still works great, but these newer ones get jammed up.

So I started buying my spray bottles from the beauty supply store (I go to Sally's). They cost more, but work MUCH better. I haven't replaced all the cheap (junk) bottles, but I'm getting there . . .

I started getting my spray bottles at Walmart in the dept. where they have ironing boards & such. It's called "Green Machine", has a green label & says it's an ironing spray bottle. It's made out of old water bottles. I've had one for nearly 3 years now & it's still going strong-cheap price too!

I would take it back to Walgreens for a new one. I've never had a problem exchanging anything there.

Today I opened a brand new bottle of Prada perfume and it wouldn't spray so I tried several things and was thinking I would just throw it away since it had been a year since I purchased it. I then thought why not try one more thing and that fixed it! I took the cap off to expose the tubing for the pump and stuck a safety pin down in the tubing. I assume any pin would work, but this did the trick. I have a functioning spray bottle now and saved throwing the expensive bottle of scent away. Love it when I win!

June 19, 2015 Flag

I opened my perfume from Bath and Body Works and the nozzle was loose. I removed it and the straw got pushed down. I can see the spring thing in the bottle and I want to fix it because it is my favorite scent! Any ideas on how I can fix this?

The store should be able to help you.

October 16, 2009 Flag

I dropped an expensive perfume bottle on the floor and the nozzle sprayer jammed. Now it will not spray and I cannot get the perfume out. Any ideas on how to get my perfume out? And when I do how do I transfer it in another bottle I have that is empty?

By Denise

Remove everything off the top so that you can see the tube that goes into the bottle then try sticking a small straightened paper clip in the top of the tube until you hit something solid. There is a spring and ball in there that you may be able to knock loose. If this does not work let me know, I have another idea.

As a last resort, you could put the bottle in a Ziploc bag, seal it and then break the bottle. Then you could take a medicine dropper and transfer the perfume into the other bottle. Good luck!

I had two fragrance bottles that had stuck sprayers and I used 1_PRINCESS_AURORA'S idea and it worked for both of them. Thanks

@ 1_Princess_Aurora I used your method but it did not work. Can you share your another idea? Thanks

August 3, 2005 Flag

I have some perfume that won't spray. I have cleaned the nozzles but still cannot get them to spray. Anyone have any tips to help they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bobbi

Same thing happened to me as Veronica posted. Most times no matter how long you've had it companies will make good on your purchase.

Thanks for that guys I will see if I can get it replaced, as it cost me so much.

I emailed customer service about a bottle I dropped. I broke the valve. They sent a new bottle ($80) and I was thrilled. Needless to say I sent a very complimentary and grateful email back. Sometimes it really works to speak up.

My nearly full bottle of Hermes 24 Faubourg perfume quit spraying. I used a Q-tip soaked with rubbing alcohol to clean the face of the sprayer, running it across the hole where the perfume comes out. Then I ran a thin straight pin into the hole, turning it several times. That was all it took for the sprayer to start working again! Lucky.

Read More Answers...

September 6, 2006 Flag

How do you remove the spray nozzles on perfume bottles. I'd like to transfer the perfume into smaller bottles. I heard it could be done but I just forgot how. I'm having a hard time spraying the fragrances into the bottles and the funnel that I have seems to be too big for the hole of the atomizer.

Charmaine from Philippines

Are you also wanting to remove the top of the perfume bottle?...I would like to know the method for removing the metal top of the bottle... where the "sprayer" fits into...

I got the top and nozzle off of an older, discontinued Mary Kay Premonition bottle with a butter knife and Cutco scissors. I had to cut the plastic casing off and then used the sciessors (as pliers) to work the metal nozzle cap off.

Girls!

A bottle of perfume with spray nozzles is consumed faster than the perfume from a bottle with stopper, even if you do not use it. You can try to see. Once you have used ,the perfume, put a sign and let a little perfume bottle a week or two to see how the drops perfume so without touching. Perfume is evaporated without you realize. I almost got mad at my sister several years ago when I saw that disappeared from my perfume bottle. Then I read and I found that it always happens to spray bottles nozzles!

So I would advise you to buy perfumes in bottles with a stopper!

This doesn't answer your question, but in agreement with Hanuka. I had 3 spray bottles of cologne on my dresser top. One day I realized that there were three circles embedded into the wood of my dresser. Apparently through evaporation, or after spraying their was enough of the cologne left on the bottles to run down onto the dresser top. Now I always put my cologne bottles in a pretty shallow bowl before setting them on the dresser top.

August 28, 2006 Flag

My brand new spray perfumed bottle won't spray anymore. What to do? How can I unblock it? Can't take it back, it was a gift from a faraway country.

Nancy from Québec City

Try running some hot water over the nozzle of the spray area. Worked for me. Hope this helps.

wash the nozzle real good & then blow in it.Hope this helps.

have you seen those perfume bottles with an atomizer like in the old movies? you can still get those at perfume counters and some gift stores. if the perfume is worth the time and trouble i'd try to pry off the top or even break it off and pour the perfume into an atomizer and then use it. good luck. i've had that happen to me too and it is frustrating to say the least.

November 12, 2010 Flag

Where can you buy those little sprayers for women's perfume, to replace the ones that broke or were missing off your perfume?

By Donna from Oakdale, CA

You can buy something called a Travelo (don't quote me on the spelling) but it is a portable perfume carrier I guess. Also eBay maybe Amazon could have exactly what you are looking for.

September 6, 2006 Flag

Remember that spray nozzles can be interchangeable. So, if you lose one, as so often happens, know that you can switch with another of the same size - Just wash them out thoroughly between switching from one to the other. (You might also want to save old spray mechanisms for spray bottles of cleaner, etc. - as the trigger sprays have a tendency to wear out after a while.)

By Pam from L.A., CA

Answers:

Replacing Spray Nozzles

Excellent idea. I started saving spray nozzles and triggers a few months ago. It's great for when you buy a NEW product, and the nozzle doesn't work properly, or spray in a manner that you would prefer. (04/20/2006)

By Ree 127

Home and Garden Repair OtherMarch 11, 2012
    Old Perfume Bottle
    Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
    Woman applying perfume to wrist.
    Using Perfume
    Perfume Bottles
    Shelf Life of Perfume
    Hair Spray Nozzle
    Unclogging Hair Spray Nozzle
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 11:04:09 AM on 10.0.2.116 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.