Browsing: Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle

Occasionally the spray nozzle on your perfume bottle gets clogged or simply stuck. This is a guide about repairing a perfume spray nozzle.

Spray bottle of perfume.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

May 8, 2010 Flag

Is there a simple method to get a plastic spray bottle working properly? Or, in the alternative, is there a certain type or brand name plastic spray bottle which is reliable?

In the past, I have used old spray bottles that once contained brand name cleaners; sometimes they work, usually they fail after a while. Recently I bought a brand new empty spray bottle from Walgreens. It has a spring in the trigger mechanism. However, my anticipation turned to disappointment when it stopped spraying; there is nothing visibly clogging it.

Any thoughts?

By Tracy from Kansas City, MO

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thanks for this! I had the exact same problem with the exact same perfume. :)

Can I just say thanks to the person who posted the prada perfume. I have the exact same perfume and exactly the same problem. I was really surprised when I saw that the same perfume had the same issue. However, I tried what you did and it worked?!?!? Amazing thank you so much for posting! Otherwise I too would have never sorted it out and it would have sat there for ages not being used

This just saved half of a bottle of Prada for me too! Same bottle!! Thank you sooooooooooo much!!!

I also have a bottle of PRADA and I tried your suggestion. It worked! You have to push the pin (I used a large safety pin) down all the way ~ I could actually hear when it 'broke through' where it was stuck. I have read this perfume bottle gets stuck quite often. Now I know how to fix it! Thanks!

Read More Answers...

June 19, 2015 Flag

I opened my perfume from Bath and Body Works and the nozzle was loose. I removed it and the straw got pushed down. I can see the spring thing in the bottle and I want to fix it because it is my favorite scent! Any ideas on how I can fix this?

The store should be able to help you.

October 16, 2009 Flag

I dropped an expensive perfume bottle on the floor and the nozzle sprayer jammed. Now it will not spray and I cannot get the perfume out. Any ideas on how to get my perfume out? And when I do how do I transfer it in another bottle I have that is empty?

By Denise

Remove everything off the top so that you can see the tube that goes into the bottle then try sticking a small straightened paper clip in the top of the tube until you hit something solid. There is a spring and ball in there that you may be able to knock loose. If this does not work let me know, I have another idea.

As a last resort, you could put the bottle in a Ziploc bag, seal it and then break the bottle. Then you could take a medicine dropper and transfer the perfume into the other bottle. Good luck!

I had two fragrance bottles that had stuck sprayers and I used 1_PRINCESS_AURORA'S idea and it worked for both of them. Thanks

@ 1_Princess_Aurora I used your method but it did not work. Can you share your another idea? Thanks

August 3, 2005 Flag

I have some perfume that won't spray. I have cleaned the nozzles but still cannot get them to spray. Anyone have any tips to help they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bobbi

Same thing happened to me as Veronica posted. Most times no matter how long you've had it companies will make good on your purchase.

Thanks for that guys I will see if I can get it replaced, as it cost me so much.

I emailed customer service about a bottle I dropped. I broke the valve. They sent a new bottle ($80) and I was thrilled. Needless to say I sent a very complimentary and grateful email back. Sometimes it really works to speak up.

My nearly full bottle of Hermes 24 Faubourg perfume quit spraying. I used a Q-tip soaked with rubbing alcohol to clean the face of the sprayer, running it across the hole where the perfume comes out. Then I ran a thin straight pin into the hole, turning it several times. That was all it took for the sprayer to start working again! Lucky.

Read More Answers...

September 6, 2006 Flag

How do you remove the spray nozzles on perfume bottles. I'd like to transfer the perfume into smaller bottles. I heard it could be done but I just forgot how. I'm having a hard time spraying the fragrances into the bottles and the funnel that I have seems to be too big for the hole of the atomizer.

Charmaine from Philippines

Are you also wanting to remove the top of the perfume bottle?...I would like to know the method for removing the metal top of the bottle... where the "sprayer" fits into...

I got the top and nozzle off of an older, discontinued Mary Kay Premonition bottle with a butter knife and Cutco scissors. I had to cut the plastic casing off and then used the sciessors (as pliers) to work the metal nozzle cap off.

Girls!

A bottle of perfume with spray nozzles is consumed faster than the perfume from a bottle with stopper, even if you do not use it. You can try to see. Once you have used ,the perfume, put a sign and let a little perfume bottle a week or two to see how the drops perfume so without touching. Perfume is evaporated without you realize. I almost got mad at my sister several years ago when I saw that disappeared from my perfume bottle. Then I read and I found that it always happens to spray bottles nozzles!

So I would advise you to buy perfumes in bottles with a stopper!

This doesn't answer your question, but in agreement with Hanuka. I had 3 spray bottles of cologne on my dresser top. One day I realized that there were three circles embedded into the wood of my dresser. Apparently through evaporation, or after spraying their was enough of the cologne left on the bottles to run down onto the dresser top. Now I always put my cologne bottles in a pretty shallow bowl before setting them on the dresser top.

August 28, 2006 Flag

My brand new spray perfumed bottle won't spray anymore. What to do? How can I unblock it? Can't take it back, it was a gift from a faraway country.

November 12, 2010 Flag

Where can you buy those little sprayers for women's perfume, to replace the ones that broke or were missing off your perfume?

Load More
Home and Garden Repair OtherMarch 11, 2012
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Woman applying perfume to wrist.
Using Perfume
Perfume Bottles
Shelf Life of Perfume
Hair Spray Nozzle
Unclogging Hair Spray Nozzle
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 11:14:01 PM on 10.0.1.53 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.