Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle

Occasionally the spray nozzle on your perfume bottle gets clogged or simply stuck. This is a guide about repairing a perfume spray nozzle.

Spray bottle of perfume.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I opened my perfume from Bath and Body Works and the nozzle was loose. I removed it and the straw got pushed down. I can see the spring thing in the bottle and I want to fix it because it is my favorite scent! Any ideas on how I can fix this?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The store should be able to help you.

Is there a simple method to get a plastic spray bottle working properly? Or, in the alternative, is there a certain type or brand name plastic spray bottle which is reliable?

In the past, I have used old spray bottles that once contained brand name cleaners; sometimes they work, usually they fail after a while. Recently I bought a brand new empty spray bottle from Walgreens. It has a spring in the trigger mechanism. However, my anticipation turned to disappointment when it stopped spraying; there is nothing visibly clogging it.

Any thoughts?

By Tracy from Kansas City, MO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Today I opened a brand new bottle of Prada perfume and it wouldn't spray so I tried several things and was thinking I would just throw it away since it had been a year since I purchased it. I then thought why not try one more thing and that fixed it! I took the cap off to expose the tubing for the pump and stuck a safety pin down in the tubing. I assume any pin would work, but this did the trick. I have a functioning spray bottle now and saved throwing the expensive bottle of scent away. Love it when I win!

Read More Answers...

I dropped an expensive perfume bottle on the floor and the nozzle sprayer jammed. Now it will not spray and I cannot get the perfume out. Any ideas on how to get my perfume out? And when I do how do I transfer it in another bottle I have that is empty?

By Denise

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

@ 1_Princess_Aurora I used your method but it did not work. Can you share your another idea? Thanks

Read More Answers...

I have some perfume that won't spray. I have cleaned the nozzles but still cannot get them to spray. Anyone have any tips to help they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bobbi

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My nearly full bottle of Hermes 24 Faubourg perfume quit spraying. I used a Q-tip soaked with rubbing alcohol to clean the face of the sprayer, running it across the hole where the perfume comes out. Then I ran a thin straight pin into the hole, turning it several times. That was all it took for the sprayer to start working again! Lucky.

Read More Answers...

How do you remove the spray nozzles on perfume bottles. I'd like to transfer the perfume into smaller bottles. I heard it could be done but I just forgot how. I'm having a hard time spraying the fragrances into the bottles and the funnel that I have seems to be too big for the hole of the atomizer.

Charmaine from Philippines

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This doesn't answer your question, but in agreement with Hanuka. I had 3 spray bottles of cologne on my dresser top. One day I realized that there were three circles embedded into the wood of my dresser. Apparently through evaporation, or after spraying their was enough of the cologne left on the bottles to run down onto the dresser top. Now I always put my cologne bottles in a pretty shallow bowl before setting them on the dresser top.

Read More Answers...

My brand new spray perfumed bottle won't spray anymore. What to do? How can I unblock it? Can't take it back, it was a gift from a faraway country.

Nancy from Québec City

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

have you seen those perfume bottles with an atomizer like in the old movies? you can still get those at perfume counters and some gift stores. if the perfume is worth the time and trouble i'd try to pry off the top or even break it off and pour the perfume into an atomizer and then use it. good luck. i've had that happen to me too and it is frustrating to say the least.

Read More Answers...

Where can you buy those little sprayers for women's perfume, to replace the ones that broke or were missing off your perfume?

By Donna from Oakdale, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can buy something called a Travelo (don't quote me on the spelling) but it is a portable perfume carrier I guess. Also eBay maybe Amazon could have exactly what you are looking for.

Remember that spray nozzles can be interchangeable. So, if you lose one, as so often happens, know that you can switch with another of the same size - Just wash them out thoroughly between switching from one to the other. (You might also want to save old spray mechanisms for spray bottles of cleaner, etc. - as the trigger sprays have a tendency to wear out after a while.)

By Pam from L.A., CA

Replacing Spray Nozzles

Excellent idea. I started saving spray nozzles and triggers a few months ago. It's great for when you buy a NEW product, and the nozzle doesn't work properly, or spray in a manner that you would prefer. (04/20/2006)

By Ree 127

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Home and Garden Repair OtherMarch 11, 2012
    Old Perfume Bottle
    Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
    Woman applying perfume to wrist.
    Using Perfume
    Perfume Bottles
    Shelf Life of Perfume
    Hair Spray Nozzle
    Unclogging Hair Spray Nozzle
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 24, 2016 at 8:05:32 AM on 10.0.1.140 in 342 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.