Clipping Your Dogs Nails

When I clip my dog's nails it is always a scary thing. Just be careful and slow. I have someone hold Lanee (she's a small dog) while I do the clipping. Do not go in the pink. The best bet is to get a very good pair of clippers that are sharp. Pretty soon you'll be a pro at it!

By Jennifer from Pittsburg, KS

You can also get a Safety Clipper made by Four Paws. I'm sure other companies make them also. You can only put the pet's nail in so far, so you cannot clip too short. Cheap price - great peace of mind !!

I used to clip my beloved Lakeland terrier's nails while I was sitting in the car in the driveway with the door open and my feet on the ground. He loved riding in the car and sat quietly in my lap.

I also used to give him a haircut while he stood on the closed trunk of my old sedan. He loved to watch everything going on from that high perch and tolerated my amateur barbering with great doggy patience.

Trimming Your Dog's Nails, A person using dog nail trimmers.
Trimming Your Dog's Nails
Pets Dogs GroomingApril 4, 2007
sore nails
Remedies for Nail Pain After Removing Acrylic Nails
Dog with Long Nails Getting them Trimmed
Helping a Dog with Long Nails
Mancured Hand Holding Flower petals
Saving Money on Acrylic Nails
Photo of a woman's hands with acrylic nails on.
Applying Acrylic Nails