Countertop Colors for Sage Green Kitchen

I have honey oak cabinets, white ceramic tile floors, white countertops and recently painted my kitchen sage green. I was thinking of changing the countertops but I am not sure what color countertops to go with. My kitchen was painted white before and now that I changed the color to sage green, the cabinets look totally different and the white countertops stand out. I am not sure what to do. Any suggestion?

By kcac27 from LA

I love the color hunter/sage green. I think the lighter color counter tops in the neutral white you already have, or a one to match the oak cabinets in a light walnut color would perfect. You wouldn't want the kitchen to be too dark.

Black? Sounds really nice, all of it. A mid toned to slightly darker, very marbled looking green?

A marbled/granity (not plain) honey, browns top? I hink several tones to the last two, or a plain black,matte finish or shiny.

I did have a sample of Wilsonart HD (color - River Gemstone) which sounds like a mixture of what you are describing Pikka. I was afraid it would make the kitchen too "dark". That is why I was considering just keeping the white counter tops that I already have since they are still in very good shape and seem to brighten the kitchen. I'm still trying to decide, but thank you so much for your responses!

If you are going to replace the counter tops, try this tip.

Go to your local paint store and get small cans of paint in the colors that you are considering. Paint the counter and you can see what each color will look like. Do one color at a time so you can have the full benefit of seeing what it will look like. Sure there is a small cost for the paint, but better than having a counter that you are stuck with for many years.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating AdviceJuly 20, 2009
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
Kitchen Countertop
Kitchen Countertop Color Advice
Red amaranth flowers.
Growing Amaranth
Kitchen Countertop
Removing Super Glue from Kitchen Countertop
🎄