Norfolk Pines Damaged By Cold

I have some small Norfolk pines that have been hit by frost. Will they come back? I also have one large Norfolk pine in the yard that is very tall and about 8yrs old. Will it come back after the frost has done damage? It has turned brown, but is the trunk alive?

Hardiness Zone: 9b

By Lee99

Answers

From what I understand, if you scratch the bark with your thumbnail, just lightly and the cambium layer is still green, there is a chance the trees will live, but will not replace branches where they have died off! The tree will look quite gangly! Sorry, as they are beautiful trees!

January 29, 2009 Flag

I have 2 beautiful Norfolk Pines that sustained freeze damage when their protection blew off while I was out of town. Will they fill back out? Do I cut off the damage or let them shed by themselves? Is there any hope for them? Thanks in advance for your input!

Brenda from Greenville, AL

Answers:

Norfolk Pines Damaged By Cold

Any plant with frost damage needs the area that's damaged removed from it, or it will take longer to heal. Then you must baby it back to health which can take quite a long time. (06/09/2007)

By denise

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Gardening Plant HealthApril 30, 2009
Norfolk pine when healthy.
Norfolk Pine Needles Turning Brown
Norfolk pine when healthy.
Caring for a Norfolk Pine
Computer
Computer Won't Start in Cold Weather
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 2:10:32 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.