What is this mushroom?

What kind of mushrooms are these?

Hardiness Zone: 7a

Ohdawn from Richmond, WA

July 22, 20080 found this helpful

I don't know what it is but anything that brightly colored is bound to be poisonous. Do NOT EAT!



ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
July 22, 20080 found this helpful

Here is the address for the Mycological society near you.

Tri-Cities Mycological Society

Route 1 Box 525C

Richland, WA 99352

Here's a good site to get you started trying to identify it. It could be an amanita type mushroom which would be poisonous.


ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
July 22, 20080 found this helpful

That looks like Fly Agaric, which ranges in colour through to red with white spots. It is poisonous.


ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
July 23, 20080 found this helpful

Being a mushroom identifier is a very high-stakes task, and I wouldn't eat one unless a certified identifier cleared it. One told me once that he would never eat one with a ring on the stem, but there are others with no ring that are poisonous. 'Poisonous' means everything from nausea to drop dead in twenty minutes.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Home and Garden Gardening Plant Info What Is This PlantJuly 22, 2008
Freezing Mushrooms
Freezing Mushrooms
Making Mushroom Powder
Making Mushroom Powder
broth based mushroom soup
Mushroom Soup Recipes
Mushroom Dip
Mushroom Dip Recipes
New Years Ideas!
Christmas Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 3, 2016 at 1:13:03 AM on in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.
Loading Something Awesome!