Tips for Painting Your Finger Nails

Everyone likes to have painted, nice looking nails. It is very hard to paint your own nails but even when you ask someone to paint them for you, they don't always look good. Here are some tips on painting nails.

First always use the bathroom before painting nails. Then do your hands one at a time. Make sure that the hand is dry before you go on to the next. Let your nails dry completely before putting on the top coat.

When your nails are long, they can also break very easily when typing. Always use the palms of your finger nails. When you button and unbutton, be careful and remember to use the palms of your fingers.

Hope this helps because everyone should have nice looking nails even when they are on budget.

By slumbergirl234

You have given some very good tips :-) Here's something more about applying polish. Do it in three strokes per nail and resist doing more strokes because the more you stroke the bigger the chances are that the polish will 'streak and/or clump' because the polish starts drying so quickly.

Make sure to have 'just the right amount for the size of the nail' on the brush and do the first stroke down the middle and then another on one side and the third on the other side without dipping in to the bottle again (this will take practice because the amount for each nail for each person varies) but if you do this you'll always have a nice even coat :-)

One more tip; Wait a couple of minutes between coats and that includes the base or top coat :-)

Only thing I would add to above is that when I learned the three stroke method, it was to do exactly the same but the outsides first and finish with stroke down the middle. I also have been doing my own nails for over 55 years and have always been complimented on them. Tried professional manicures twice and they didn't begin to compare with my own techniques. Using a "quick dry' finish gives an extra boost to my manicures, too.

I have found that the best way to dry your nails is to spray them after you're finished with those sprays one uses for cooking like Pam. I find it works wonderfully well.

I have trouble sitting still long enough for them to dry. I like to apply polish just after I get into the car. That way I won't be tempted to do any little last minute chores.

Painting Tips and Tricks
Painting Tips and Tricks
Health & Beauty Beauty Nail TipsOctober 27, 2009
Homemade Finger Paint
Homemade Finger Paint
removing a ring
Removing a Ring That is Stuck on Your Finger
Mancured Hand Holding Flower petals
Saving Money on Acrylic Nails
Photo of a woman's hands with acrylic nails on.
Applying Acrylic Nails
🎄