Poll: Have you made your own baby food?

Today's poll asks: Have you made your own baby food?

Feel free to post feedback about this poll in the feedback forum below.

We would take whatever we were eating and before we seasoned it we would use the food processor or immersion blender on it to puree it enough for the baby. She loved it more than her food.

We're just starting our 6 month old on solids and we're making it all. With our now 2 year old we started with "regular" jarred baby food and found she wouldn't eat it. Turns out she didn't like anything she couldn't feed herself so she ate alot of soft cooked foods like small chunks of sweet potatoes or toast and lots of cheerios! Our 6 month old is better about letting someone feed her and we're simply adding a bit of water to whatever veggies we're having with dinner and pureeing in the food processor.

I think having our children eat what we're eating helps avoid those adversions to foods that kids have. Why would a baby want to eat

I have just started this!! Very easy and handy!!

I cook/steam up the veggies then put into a food processor---add some water if needed and there it is!!

Been freezing them into ice cube trays.

But, my little one would rather have that than the jar foods!! Unless, its the organic flavors---he likes those, but they seem to cost alot more!

It seems like alot of work---but really its easy and quick to do!!!

Highly recommend trying it!!

I would buy frozen veggies with no salt in the ingredients, cook until just done, then blend in the blender (add water from cooking) and freeze in ice cube trays, 2 cubes: one serving (and add one cube more as they grow) We also did this with arroz con pollo, stews. I bought squash jar baby food once (and any NEW foods) then I picked up a can of Libby's Pumpkin (like for pies.) All of it is 100% pumpkin, and one can will last for at least one month, and just freeze in cubes. We also made brownies with it (check out verybestbaking.com) and everyone loved them! My oldest hated jarred food, only tried it once. He ate moose meat from 6 months - one year of age.

A baby eating organic baby food.
Making Your Own Organic Baby Food
Freezing Baby Food. Jar of Baby Food with Spoon
Freezing Baby Food
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower