Safe Way to Get Rid of Ants

I found this online doing a search. I tried it, and it worked fast and easily. I took cornmeal and poured a bit of it near the door where the ants were coming into the house. Within 2 days, they were all gone. I didn't have to worry about my nosy dogs getting into something poisonous.

By KatherineC from Reno, NV

I have to add to my post about corn meal killing the ants. It seemed to work, but then they reappeared, so I guess it really doesn't work well. I bought some Spic'n Span spray cleaner at the dollar store and sprayed my kitchen counters. It definitely kills the ants that I could see immediately and I have less ants now. Works a little better than the cornmeal and less messy too.

What about borax? Although it needs to be out of reach of the pets and kids.

I had little cups of cornmeal beside trash cans and in window cases, Back of counters, crazy but kept them at bay pretty good ;) or Bay leaves also work, I don't have pets . Perfumed things also they don't like, or chemically smelling.

photo of ants eating a scrap of onion
Getting Rid of Ants in the Kitchen
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
Ant on a leaf.
Getting Rid of Ants in Outdoor Potted Plants
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🎉
🎄