Laundry Detergent Caps For Bathroom Organizing

contest winner icon

The house I live in does laundry a lot. And, they didn't recycle till I showed them the error of their ways.

So, instead of tossing these in the bin, I put them to good use. Here is an example of the things you can do with these wonderful lids!

Can you think of about a bazillion more?

By Poor But Proud from Sweet Home, OR

Biscuit and cookie cutter, paint cup, fill with water and freeze to make ice "cubes" (suspend a piece of fruit inside and it would look cool in a punch bowl), measuring cup, hot glue several together in a star shape, poke a hole in the bottom for a mini light bulb and you have a decoration.

The laundry jug could be used to store left-over paint; it pours much easier than from the can and the screw-on lid is much more convenient than prying off the paint can lid.

I used a pale green top as a small flower vase.

Marg from England.

I just won the contest of the month for this so thanks for all the thumbs ups! Great ideas, all! PBP

Please, do not use any container for food that is not intended for food. Today's plastic contains toxic chemicals. Food containers do not have these toxins in them and are marked as such. Everyone should be aware of this by now.

This is a great tip, and I don't worry about all the things that others worry about (using plastics). I have been using my hair spray can lids as cups in my bathroom, but now I am saving these caps as well! Love the one with the Q-tips. Thumbs up! from Salem Oregon

Funny, but this AM I found a nice top to a spray can hubby had tossed & I washed it & used it to put my little sample skin care packets in!

I wonder if it is a good idea to use the caps for drinking glasses as the container contained laundry detergent, not food. Just to be safe, I would say not to.

I think you would be much better off keeping a complete laundry bottle and re-filling it with home-made laundry soap. There are many recipes online for this. One of the best sites I have found for making your own products is Tipnut Then you wouldn't need to dispose of plastics in the landfill. Most people don't know that the main ingredient in store bought soap is water. Make your own and stop spending your hard earned money on watered down products.

Uses for Laundry Detergent Caps, Laundry detergent bottle with red cap.
Uses for Laundry Detergent Caps
Better Living Green Living ReusingNovember 30, 2010
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Dry laundry detergent stored in glass canisters.
Storing Dry Laundry Detergent
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops
🎉
🎄