Do Morning Glory Blooms Open Multiple Times?

How many times does a morning glory flower bloom? I have one that has just one flower on it, and it opened just once. The next afternoon it fell off. Then I had one open yesterday morning, and now today it's not open. Am I doing something wrong, or does each flower only open once?

Hardiness Zone: 5b

By Wendi from Craigmont, ID

I don't know the answer to your question, but my late aunt had a beautiful morning glory vine in her yard, that was on a trellis. In the summer the whole vine was covered with flowers and it wasn't even in any real sunlight. It might have got a little early morning sunlight, but I know it never got much because they had a lot of big trees in their yard.

Morning glories bloom only once, in the morning then they close up and fall off. Fortunately, you should get quite a few blooms each day. I average 10-20 daily. Where the bud falls off, you will see a seed pod in a few days. Save the seeds for next years planting.

Ok thanks for your reply. I was starting to think that they must only bloom once since it was happening every day. Thank you!

Home and Garden Gardening FlowersJuly 20, 2010
Blue and pinkish purple morning glory blooms.
Getting Rid of Morning Glory
Morning Glory Growing Slowly
Purple Morning Glory
Growing Morning Glory
Growing Morning Glory from Cuttings
Growing Morning Glory from Cuttings