Natural Home Remedies for Chafing

Does anyone know of inexpensive and preferably natural solutions to adult thigh chafing, other than baby and corn powders? Summer's humidity is fast approaching and I'd like to enjoy wearing dresses, without the inevitable and painful chafing.

By ChllyWlly from PA

Hi Chlly Wlly,

I don't know how old you are, but when I was young we had petty pants (also called pettipants). With the silky (nylon???) material between the thighs, it seems to me it would be the perfect answer to keep from chafing. I looked on the internet and found that petty pants still exist. Here's a site and the petty pants are close to the bottom: http://www.etreavis.com/acatalog/On ... ndergarments_and_Ladies_Slips_8.html There are other sites, too....just key in "pettipants" or "petty pants". I hope this helps.

I remember pettipants, too, but I never had any. Didn't need them back then, however, now I would definitely need them, but my lower legs are so discolored from having had sever swelling of them that I keep my legs covered.

http://www.natural-homeremedies.com/homeremedies_chafing.htm A lot of info there, good luck.

Wow - thanks for all your replies! I'll look into the pettipants (but am not too thrilled wearing nylon).

I was hoping for something that can also be applied under the breasts as well (but thought that might be too much information in my original posting - LOL!)

I tried the link posted by kffrmw88, but for some reason an error comes up when I click on it. Thanks again!

<b>Editor's Note:</b> Try that link on kffrmw88's post again. It's fixed.

Monistat "Soothing Care Medicated Powder" is the best thing I have ever used for chafing. As a plus-size woman, I deal with this every day. If I use this powder faithfully, I have no problem. It is a bit pricey, but worth every penny! I buy it at Wal-Mart, so that makes it a little more affordable. Give it a try.

Depending on the day, I use either talc, a generic brand of Desitin, the creamy type, not the old fashioned heavy type. Sometimes I use an anti-fungal cream, because I have been told that the rash I get under my breast is like a yeast infection and was told to use that. I am overweight and diabetic, and I have been told that diabetics are apt to get these yeast infections under their breasts. I don't know how true this is, but a person can get a dozen different answers to one question.

Try putting antiperspirant on your thighs and under your breasts as well as under your arms. Using antiperspirant ends the sweating. No sweat, no chafe. I carry a travel size in my purse in case it needs renewing. I am over weight, and used to have a real problem with chafing until I tried this.

Well... I would suggest talc. I have a product called "Anti Monkey Butt" powder. It's name sounds real funny but it works! It is a bit on the expensive side but you don't have to use very much. It's main ingredient is talc.

I even went camping one time for 2 days with no shower and it still kept me dry. It's good stuff.

I have similar problems, and my solution is foolproof. I make, (or you could have someone make), very cool, thin cotton "split skirt" type garments. I used a pair of shorts for my first pattern, and flared it slightly, lengthened enough to make it comfortable but not show below hem. Bet you will be happy.

The best in the world for chafing, plain old ordinary CORN STARCH. I used very expensive Shea Butter for years, when I realized that I would not be able to afford it any longer I got my grandmothers' old idea of the Corn Starch.

I put a cup in a container with a very small powder puff and place under the breast and thighs. What a relief and no more expensive lotions. You'll be happy with it in the summer keeps you cooler also.

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions! I figured powders would be too messy, but it looks like it might be the way to go after all. I'll be looking into the other ideas as well. You ladies are the best! I knew I could count on you to help me out! Thanks again!

Hi there ladies (and any gents). Just wanted to update you on what I found that seems to be working VERY well - Monistat Soothing Care Cream (not the powder). I tried talc, cornstarch, and just about any other suggestion that came my way. Unfortunately, I had too hard a time finding pettipants in my size & that were cotton. Anyway, I can use it wherever I had - or anticipated - chaffing & it works great! Thanks again to everyone who came up with all those wonderful solutions!! I knew I could count on you all to steer me in the right direction!

Jock itch is the same thing as athletes foot. Its a fungus. Really has very little to do with skin rubbing but heat and moisture causing fungus that appears in the form of chafing. Lotrimin AF works great and old spice sweat defense deodorant before work is an awesome peventative measure and will also cure it. You'd think the deodorant would burn like hell but old spice aweat defense doesn't burn. Even when your chafed pretty bad

Remedies for Chafing
Remedies for Chafing
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJune 2, 2009
Photo of a plum tree with delicious fruit.
Natural Pesticide Solutions for Fruit Trees
Home Remedies for Carpal Tunnel
Home Remedies for Carpal Tunnel
Onions growing in the ground.
Growing Onions
🎉
🎄