Craft: Leaf Patterned Glass Table Top

contest winner icon

A glass top coffee table can be changed to match the seasons. Every few months, I gather leaves from either my cedar or oak tree and lay them atop the glass. I give it a light coat of spray paint, remove the leaves and once dried, flip the glass over. A $3.99 can of spray paint costs a lot less than a nice runner or table cloth and it saves me from having to worry about stains or constantly washing the cloth.

By holygeez from Ontario, Canada

That is really nice. I'd like to try this. Thanks.

Great job. Really pretty. Thanks for sharing.

I really like this idea. Do you change it often? It seems like it would be hard to clean off the paint and start over. I may try this idea on my glass table. I bet this idea hides all the finger prints on the glass. LOL! Thanks for sharing!

When I want to change the pattern or colour, I spray the glass with "windex" and let it sit for a minute. Then scrub with a 'Mr.Clean magic eraser'. Paint generally doesn't adhere to glass very well and it does come off quite easily.

I'm trying to confirm what I see on the glass. What color spray paint did you use? Is the leafy design the plain glass color coming through? Is that where the leaves were laying and then the white is from the spray paint?

@RSTEVENS

I used white spray paint this time, but have used all colours from black to gold. The design you see is the cedar leaves I placed on top of the glass and sprayed over. Once you remove the leaves, your "leaf pattern" clear spots that show. It is like reverse stenciling.

Don't the leaves get blown from the force of the spray paint? Can you tell me how you keep them on?

Glass Top Table
Designing a Glass Top Table
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsDecember 28, 2010
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass
glass coffee table
Repairing a Coffee Table With Missing Glass
Staining Table
Refurbishing Furniture
🎉
🎄