Black Tie Gift Bag
Dress a wedding gift in formal wear with this tuxedo-style bag, or use it for a special gift for that special man in your life.
Approximate Time: About 20 minutes
- black gift bag
- 3/4 inch wide black satin ribbon
- white card stock
- 3 small black buttons
- craft glue
- Cut white card stock about 2/3 of the length and 2 inches shorter than the width of the gift bag.
- On wrong side of the card stock, mark the center of one short edge and draw a line from each of the corners on the opposite end to the mark, forming a triangle. Cut along the lines.
- Apply glue to the wrong side of the triangle along all edges. Attach paper to the front of the gift bag, centering it just below the handles.
- Cut 4 pieces of ribbon that are the width of the gift bag. Glue 2 pieces of ribbon side-by-side to the front of the gift bag, so they are centered between the bottom point of the triangle and the bottom of the bag. Apply small amounts of glue to the cut edges of the ribbon to prevent fraying.
- Center and glue another piece of ribbon on top of the affixed ribbon pieces to resemble a cummerbund.
- Glue the last strip of ribbon to the bag about a half inch from top of triangle. Apply small amounts of glue to the cut edges of each side of the ribbon to prevent fraying.
- To make the bow tie, cut a 7-inch length of ribbon. Glue ends together (forming a loop) and overlapping ends about 1/4 inch. Apply glue to center of the ribbon loop and pinch opposite sides together, creating two loops.
- Cut a 2 1/2-inch length of ribbon and wrap it around the double loop bow and glue in place.
- Glue bow to the bag, centering it over the ribbon near top of bag.
- Glue the buttons below the bow, making sure to space them evenly apart.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
February 15, 20100 found this helpful
This is such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 3, 2016 at 2:43:13 AM on 10.0.1.112 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us