Making a Recycled Sweater Gift Bag
This is a page about recycled sweater gift bag
. Turn an old sweater into a cute gift bag for a small gift.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Turn the sleeve of an old sweater into a personalized gift bag. Place it over a canning jar filled with homemade soup, layered cookie mix, or some homemade goodies and you'll have a warm and cozy gift for a friend or shut-in!
Approximate Time: About 30 minutes
- old sweater
- needle and thread
- 26 inch length of ribbon
- 2 or 3 coordinating buttons
- canning jar with lid
- cardstock for tag
- colored marker
- Cut about an 11 inch length of sleeve off of sweater (starting measuring at cuff and going up.)
- Slide sleeve over jar with cuff at top of jar.
- Use needle and thread to slip-stitch around cut edge at bottom. Pull thread tightly and knot to secure.
- Remove sleeve from jar and set aside.
- Fill jar with soup, layered cookie mix, or homemade treat of your choice.
- Place lid on jar and slip sweater sleeve back over jar. Gather sleeve above lid and tie ribbon around top into a bow.
- Cut a tag from cardstock and write a personal message on the tag, such as "Get Well Soon," or "Happy Birthday."
- Use needle and thread to attach buttons to front.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.