In Memory Of Spencer (Sheltie)

Spencer was a 12 year old Sheltie. I got him 12 years ago when he was 5 weeks old. He liked to eat. He was unique with one brown eye and one blue eye and has a beautiful coat of hair.

He had to be put down yesterday because of heart problems. His back legs gave out and he could not stand anymore. Can you see a tear on here? I have shed a bunch.

By Elaine from Iowa

Spencer was a beautiful dog. I'm sorry for your loss. We just lost our little poodle of 12 years. It hurts but I know they are not suffering anymore on the rainbow bridge.

Hi Elaine: I am so sorry about Spencer. It's so hard to lose a furry family member. We have a 12 year old sheltie and she has back leg problems also and we know we will have to deal with her medical problems soon. I feel for your loss.

I am so very sorry for your loss! I love Spencer's brown and blue eyes! I hope you're doing okay and will consider rescuing soon and not to replace Spencer but to share your love with another fur baby in need.

Yes, Elaine, I can see a tear. A year ago we had to have our beautiful Suzie (lab,golden mix) put to sleep at age 11 because she had a large tumor in her chest and had breathing difficulty. Hardest thing I ever had to do, but it's our responsibility to take care of our fur babies, even when it means giving them up. I still cry over my loss after all these months. I feel your pain.

January 20, 2010 Flag

Spencer (Sheltie)
Spencer is 11 years old and is a Sheltie (Shetland Sheepdog.) I bought him from a dog breeder.

He likes to Eat! Can you tell? He has one brown eye and one blue eye. Everyone thinks he is blind but he is not.

By Elaine from Iowa

Spencer (Sheltie)

Spencer is a sweet furbaby, I wish you all the luck with your new addition. His leg looks like he's been chewing on it.
I hope he lives a very long life.

By Dorie

Spencer (Sheltie)

Spencer is a handsome boy! Yes, he does look like he enjoys his meals (and treats, probably), but that just makes him more lovable! Give him a big hug and kiss from Missy's (dachshund/beagle) mom and God bless you. (10/21/2008)

By tedsmom

Spencer (Sheltie)

He seems to be smiling! (10/21/2008)

By mulberry204

Shetland Sheepdog
Shetland Sheepdog Breed Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesJanuary 20, 2010
Display Collections In A Memory Box
Making A Memory Box
Simple square block quilt made from vintage fabric.
Making a Memory Quilt
High School Reunion
Making Memory Books for a High School Reunion