Plan Your Menus

I have a friend who budgets wisely every month. She has raised 2 children and gone back to school herself with what she saved. She owns her own home and about 4 acres of land.

When she buys food she marks the top of the can with the date of purchase. She uses the oldest items first. Economically speaking, she saves a lot with coupons as well. She plans out her menu for the month and has supplies that were purchased to feed them for a month.

I think this kind of frugality makes great sense. It gives a leeway to be able to add to your savings or save for a trip or any other things you want to do. She is not wealthy by any means but she does have a hefty savings account.

Source: My friend Tammy

By Gem from VA

April 6, 2011 Flag

Don't "crisis cook." Shopping after work for the day's dinner gets expensive. Plan a weekly menu before shopping and watch your grocery bill shrink.

By Chell

Plan Your Menus

I agree so much. Right now I am only shopping for my husband and me. I plan out a dinner menu and grocery shop every two weeks. I make a grocery list accordingly and it keeps me on track when shopping. I spend about $280 a month on groceries give or take. This includes dinner items, snacks, lunch, etc. The dinner menu keeps me organized as well. I need all the help I can get there. I type or write it out and post it on the fridge and mark off each meal as we make it. (04/25/2005)

By Chelebugg

A paper with fields to write all the meals for a week.
Planning Meals
Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingApril 6, 2011
house fire
Making a Fire Escape Plan for Your Family
Chinese take out boxes.
Saving Take Out Menus
A healthy meal of wok fried vegetables being prepared.
Finding Old Weight Watchers Menus
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business, A handwritten business plan on paper.
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business