Saving Take Out Menus

Category Miscellaneous
Chinese take out boxes.
Rather than just tossing them into a kitchen drawer until the next time you want to order take out food, organize those menus for ease of use. This is a guide about saving take out menus.

I had a bunch of restaurant brochures in the junk drawer taking up a lot of space. I went to a cheap store and picked up the pot holders that are square, and have a pocket for your hand. I got a big magnet and attached it to the fridge. It fits all the restaurant brochures in the pocket. It is handy there and I can have a drawer back.

By Linda H. from Hamilton, Ontario

My adult children are vegetarians and I am not. When I go to a restaurant with them, I will keep the paper menu. It reminds me of the ingredients in their favorite dishes for when they visit me and I want to make something vegan for them. It's also great to remind me what I enjoyed so I can order or recreate it again!

I get take out menus (when available) from restaurants and store them in a folder. When I run out of meal ideas, I occasionally look to these menus for inspiration. They are divided by type of cuisine.

Also handy because the phone numbers are right there and I can call for the restaurant's business hours (on weekends we sometimes eat out at odd times).
I have learned not to trust the menu's printed hours of operation. Some restaurants close between lunch and dinner and they aren't going to toss the old menus and print up a bunch of new ones just because something has changed.

And lastly, I will suggest a restaurant to DH and he'll ask to look at the menu as a means of deciding. He's spoiled (but nice).

By Holly