Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Coat Hanger Yarn Cat

Does anyone have the pattern to make a cat with a wire hanger and yarn?

By Kathy from Lakewood, NJ

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Kathy [2]12/15/2010

I just posted the way I made a cat and a horse. Good luck.

By Kathy [2]12/15/2010

Here is a horse I made too!. make the body the same as the dog/cat. Make the ears the same as the cat. for the nose make a pompom using the long side of your cardboard (approx 4 1/2 inches) ties it the same as all the other pompoms. cut a 5 inch piece of yarn. now take the pompom and fold it where you tied it in the middle and then take the piece of yarn you cut and tie it around the open end of the folded pompom. this will make a nice little nose for your horse. Hot glue it in place for the nose. Make a tail for your horse using the long side of your cardboard (approx 4 1/2 inches) tied it on the top and then cut open the bottom edges. Use the tie to attach it to the frame. use ribbon to make a harness and reins for your horse using hot glue to attach it. Place a single piece of yarn on the bottom of the nose to form a mouth. For the mane on the back of the neck make the long pompoms and attach to the frame.

RE: Coat Hanger Yarn HORSE

By Kathy [2]12/15/2010

Well I made up my own and I think it's cute. I you think so too., lol. I made it the same as the doog with the follwing differences: for the ears I cut out 2 pieces of fun foam in a triagngle shape and then put a slit in the center botttom of each, this is so that I could hot glue one side over the other to give the ear a slight bend to appear like a real cats ear. I hot glues them into the yarn where the ears are supposedto be. I then used small pom poms to form the nose and hot glued a upside down heart on to form the nose. I hot glues on the wiggle eyes too. For the tail I used 6 pieces ofyarn about 5 inches long, tied a knot at one end and gthen braided them together. to do the braiding I had two strands of yarn for each strand to braid (3 strands). When I got to the end I knotted the braid. I them tied on the pom poms to form a nice full fluffy tail.

RE: Coat Hanger Yarn Cat

10/22/2010

There have been several requests at Thrifty Fun for a wire hanger cat pattern. I'm beginning to believe that one does not exist.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Coat Hanger Yarn Cat

***

Coat Hanger Yarn Cat
*** Does anyone have a pattern to a yarn kitten or cat pattern made with a clothes hanger? It is made like the poodle dog.

Martha from Smithdale, MS

RE: Coat Hanger Yarn Cat

Actually I found this on Thrifyfun site:

thriftyfun.com

I am chairperson of our ladies ministry craft group and yesterday was our first meeting after the new year and I brought this exact yarn dog instructions to show them and to ask, "Do you remember these?" Boy you should have heard them. (01/08/2009)

By bugsley