Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

How Can I Keep Lizards Off of the Porch?

It's warming up in GA already, the lizards have started moving. I have a great fear of them, and they love my porches and my doorsteps. Does anyone have ideas to keep them off? I know, I know, they eat spiders, etc. I don't mind spiders as much, but rodents and reptiles, UGH! No, they probably won't hurt me, but they'll make me hurt myself. And no, I can't ignore them they run towards me instead of away from me! An outside cat is out. Is there something I can put out to keep them away? They can have the rest of the yard, just stay off my porches and doorsteps!

By Denise from middle GA

By Libby G.08/13/2013

I don't mind the lizards outside, we have plenty. I don't like them in our enclosed porch. They are eating my plants. I tried the moth balls; one by each plant. It didn't bother them. They were on them again today. Any thing else I can use. I have to be careful, as I have birds and a little dog who goes out there.

By Sheila [3]03/28/2011

I have used moth balls in my yard and under my house for years to keep bugs and snakes away and I have not seen any lizards either, so maybe they work on them to. I also go around the line of my property and spread lime, snakes, I know, won't cross it, so that my work as well for you.

By Patricia Hamm [4]03/28/2011

I keep a 13 gal. plastic trash can butted up against the steps and the house. They fall in and that's it. When they no longer are moving I throw them in the woods. Good Luck.

By Vicki [21]03/25/2011

I don't know if it works for lizards, but it works for snakes, mice, rats, etc. Sulfur. Powdered. Obtain from a farm and ranch store. I haven't checked stores like Home Depot or Lowe's they may carry also. (Do internet search to locate in your area.) Sprinkle in a line around the area you want to "protect". It will have to be repeated after a rain. Also, in the meantime, please work on your fear :)

Lizards will not harm you. There aren't any poisionous ones in this country, that I know of, and they don't particularly bite anyway. They are just harmless. They probably like your porch because it is warm and smooth.