Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

How Can I Keep Lizards Off of the Porch?

0EmailPrintFollowSave

It's warming up in GA already, the lizards have started moving. I have a great fear of them, and they love my porches and my doorsteps. Does anyone have ideas to keep them off? I know, I know, they eat spiders, etc. I don't mind spiders as much, but rodents and reptiles, UGH! No, they probably won't hurt me, but they'll make me hurt myself. And no, I can't ignore them they run towards me instead of away from me! An outside cat is out. Is there something I can put out to keep them away? They can have the rest of the yard, just stay off my porches and doorsteps!

By Denise from middle GA

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Vicki 24 428 03/25/2011 Flag

I don't know if it works for lizards, but it works for snakes, mice, rats, etc. Sulfur. Powdered. Obtain from a farm and ranch store. I haven't checked stores like Home Depot or Lowe's they may carry also. (Do internet search to locate in your area.) Sprinkle in a line around the area you want to "protect". It will have to be repeated after a rain. Also, in the meantime, please work on your fear :)

Lizards will not harm you. There aren't any poisionous ones in this country, that I know of, and they don't particularly bite anyway. They are just harmless. They probably like your porch because it is warm and smooth.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Patricia Hamm 4 152 03/28/2011 Flag

I keep a 13 gal. plastic trash can butted up against the steps and the house. They fall in and that's it. When they no longer are moving I throw them in the woods. Good Luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sheila 3 162 03/28/2011 Flag

I have used moth balls in my yard and under my house for years to keep bugs and snakes away and I have not seen any lizards either, so maybe they work on them to. I also go around the line of my property and spread lime, snakes, I know, won't cross it, so that my work as well for you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Libby G. 1 08/13/2013 Flag

I don't mind the lizards outside, we have plenty. I don't like them in our enclosed porch. They are eating my plants. I tried the moth balls; one by each plant. It didn't bother them. They were on them again today. Any thing else I can use. I have to be careful, as I have birds and a little dog who goes out there.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes