Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Ticks on Mattresses

My DH took possession of lounges from a good friend (or so we thought). Our friend had let his dogs sleep on the lounges (after we agreed to take them, to help him out) and they were full off ticks. Now they are in our beds and I was wondering if the mattresses can be treated, if so, how? Or would they be better replaced? I am worried as we have a 2 year old and a three month old baby (children). We have no pets at all.

Alita

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By tomya (Guest Post)01/26/2009

I don't have a dog so I have know Ideal how my daughter gots them in her bed? So just throw out her bed and call pest control?

By (Guest Post)03/17/2007

get rid of them NOW

By Cindy [6]03/16/2007

I would NOT take a chance with these mattresses as ticks carry Lyme Disease which is a very serious illness. I also would not want my children as young as yours to sleep on what was essentially a dog bed.
Good luck!

By SL Edens [1]03/14/2007

Wow, Alita! I'm sorry to hear you got such a bad deal from a "friend". I think I'd prefer to replace the mattresses and not take a chance with the little ones. You may want to call a pest control company and get their opinion (could the ticks be in other places in the house....carpet, for instance???). God bless you and your family!!!