Lunch for the Weight Conscious

I am trying to be a lot more "weight conscious" so have decided that it really isn't necessary to eat meat with every meal every day - so because it's summer and I don't have a garden - I like to make a meal of fresh fruits I prepare myself with little effort that I love! Tonight it is skewed fresh banana, fresh white seedless grapes and fresh strawberries!

I have cantaloupe for maybe lunch tomorrow or afternoon snack and sometimes I am in the mood for pineapple but I don't skew it - I slice it about an inch thick and remove the rind and core and eat it!

It's so yummy and I feel I am doing no harm to lesson my meat intake and replace it with fresh fruit! In FACT - I am more than probably doing myself (and my family) a big favor! And the difference the "no meat meals" can make on the food budget!

I might even have fruit for desert and slice into that cantaloupe before noon tomorrow. Why wait - right?

By Veronica from Sedalia, MO

Lunch for the Weight Conscious

Be carefull with cutting all meat out of your diet. Make sure that you and your family are taking a multi-vitamin. Remember to make sure that you are getting enough iron in your diet, not just what comes in the vitamin. I found out the hard way when my doctor told me that I was perilously close to needing a blood transfusion due to the fact that the iron content in my blood was so low. I had gone on diet in June that a registed dietian had given me.

You must have some protein daily & it doesn't have to be meat. You can decide from a selection of different kinds of beans, peanut butter, eggs, fish, cheese or poultry. Your body needs protein as it is the building blocks of your body. Go on the web to google to find inexpensive menus using the selection that I told you about. I recently lost 22 lbs & my hubby lost 27 lbs. We starting eating more healthy & used portion control like have a 4 oz. steak one day & the next day have a 4 oz. boneless skinless chix breast. Have a green salad with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cukes & some beans like chickpeas or red kidney beans & use olive oil & vinegar for the dressing but be sure to measure it. The whole secret is to measure & to keep away from the wrong fats. And decrease your carbohydrates as carbos turn to sugar & sugar turns to fat. Even too much fruit & the wrong fruit is important. Cantaloupe & berries are great for a diet. However beware of bananas as they are high in sugar. Occasionally a few slices mixed with other fruit is ok. Make sure you have fiber every day otherwise you could be in for a serious problem with your gall bladder. Plain old water is great for nourishing your cells & satisfying your quench, not to mention the benefit of it keeping you hydrated. And don't forget good old exercise. Good luck. joesgirl

You don't need meat to be healthy! Read Dr. John McDougall's website/books. The proof is in the pudding!

Your body can only absorb a limited amount of protein at a time. So don't try to get it all during 1 meal. Has to be spaced out.

Photos FoodAugust 8, 2007
Fabric Book Page Weight
Making a Fabric Book Page Weight
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
Yogurt Bread Dough
Weight Watchers Yogurt Bread Dough
Weighing in on Scale
Using Weight Watchers