Leave Your Camera Case at Home

When going out to take photos, don't take the camera case with you. This is like putting up a "Steal me" sign. I use one of the soft padded containers people use as lunch boxes. Some companies use them as advertising give aways. Thieves are less likely to take what they think is your lunch than to take a camera.

Great idea! My Dad had a camera case once that actually reminded me of one of these lunch boxes, and I still never thought of using one of those for a case. Thrifty and clever! Thanks!

Because portable GPS direction equipment is one of the items most attractive to thieves I also use a kids plastic lunch box to store the equipment when I leave the car. I also have the mounting devise that sits on dash so there won't be suction marks on window. It all fits nicely in lunch box and is easy to tote around.

What a good idea. For years I drove a hatchback, and there was no place to hide stuff.

Yes this is a clever and thrifty idea. Also you could still probably fit a small drink and a sandwich in as well!!

Thanks for the great idea..I'm always worried about that. Another good thing about insulated lunch boxes is they can take heat better and if you place your camera in a water tight bag and put in the lunch bag you can take it w/ you on wet rides.

I posted on here once that a band aid box works great for most digital cameras. Who would want to steal that, right?

http://www.thri  0732817.tip.html

A girl in a striped shirt holding a camera to her eye.
Camera Tips and Tricks
Better Living Safety PersonalApril 8, 2008
Broken Digital Camera
Uses for a Broken Digital Camera
Couple Buying a Digital Camera
Buying a Digital Camera
Blue digital camera.
Cleaning a Digital Camera
Buying a Camera
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 2:34:51 PM on 10.0.2.240 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.