Removing Spray Paint from Copper

I bought a beautiful copper container at a garage sale and someone has put copper spray paint on the outside. How can I remove the paint without damaging the copper?

By Wilmington

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You can try paint thinner, or Krud Kutter is great for cleaning and will remove most paint (so don't use it for cleaning anything with paint that you don't want the paint to come off!). I purchase it from Lowe's but have seen it in other stores. Good luck.

Living in Britain can you give me alternative. Someone's managed to damage my old brass jugs with a shot of car spray. Tried hot water to wash off.

Home and Garden Cleaning MetalAugust 11, 2009
Copper Kitchen Sink
Considering a Copper Kitchen Sink
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Copper Pots
Cleaning Copper Pots and Pans
Copper Pitcher
Cleaning and Polishing Copper
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 2:37:32 PM on 10.0.0.82 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.