Cooking TipsFood Tips

Tips For Spaghetti

Try adding a few teaspoons of powdered chicken bouilion and olive oil to the water you cook your spaghetti in. It really perks it up! If you like using cheater sauce (jar sauce) like I do, it can also be improved on by adding a little oregano, powdered garlic, and lemon pepper.

If you eat in front of the TV (like I do) and you make a thick meat sauce by adding jar sauce to the meat, the sauce will stay warm longer and help keep the slippery spaghetti from sliding off the plate onto the floor on your way to the table or TV!

I used to rinse out the sauce jar to put in the pan with dinner but anymore, I just add leftovers to the same jar the sauce came from. Put the spaghetti in the jar first, then the meat sauce so when you dump it out on the plate to reheat it , the sauce will be on top.

By Veronica from Sedalia, MO

Great ideas! I especially like the idea about putting the leftover spaghetti into the jar it came out of! Gee, now why didn't I think of that!

I agree. I also love the idea of putting back into the jar it came out of. clever idea

Dear Veronica:

Great minds think alike. I do almost the same things you do but now I'm wondering...

are you sure we're simply not lazy?

I do your sauce in a jar thing and I add cooked hamburger meat. I lightly fry the burger in light Olive Oil and add spices and then I dump the burger and oil into the pot of boiling sauce.

One other thing is to heat your pasta bowl with hot water & empty it just before before adding your sauce or spaghetti before serving. If not, it'll be cold upon serving.

Putting your leftover spaghetti and sauce into the jar it came out of is very clever. I did this recently and I even reheated the contents right in the jar in the microwave...without the lid, of course! Then all I had to do was pour out onto my plate. It made a great next day lunch and I even had some leftover garlic bread that I ran through the toaster.

Good tips. I also doctor up my store bought sauce, too.