Cigar Box Decoupage

I get cigar boxes for free at the local newsroom. I subscribe to a few magazines pertaining to things that interest me; ocean beach scenes and seascapes, art and design, photography, etc.

I rip out pieces of the pages depicting what I want to feature and overlap the pieces artfully on the boxes. Spray polyeurethane and voila, a beautiful box for keepsakes or storage.

Photo of a decoupaged cigar box.

I like to do this too, although I brush layers of Mod Podge over the pictures until they look imbedded in the box and you can't feel them. Takes a lot of time to do it that way.

I remember this craft from school days. This is a good, cheap project for elementary school or bible school projects.

Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Crafts DecoupageApril 17, 2009
Cigars in a Box
Making a Cigar Box Guitar
Decoupage Pen Holder
Making a Decoupage Pen Holder
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes