Mr. Koose-Koose (African Goose)

Mr. Koose-Koose (Kenya) is a 2 year old African Goose. A friend needed to find him (and his to be mate) a new home, so I was the lucky one!.

When I got Mr. Koose, he was gray and very soft and so tiny. In no time he grew feathers and now look. I had to teach this little gosling to eat, swim, etc. and teach him he isn't gonna sink! ha ha! The first time I placed him in the water, he screamed (like a girl) and kicked his feet like I was going to drown him. It took 3 visits to the real pond. (The fake pond was no match for his feet!) He splashed and liked to drown us both! Now he swims like a, goose!

He really shows off to any company that visits. He is like a watch-dog. Instead he is a watch-goose. He spreads his wings far out and thrusts his chest out (so beastly, just kidding) but humble!

He talks to me in goose language. I understand his every honk! I pick him up sometimes and pet his soft feathers. We look for each other each day and I have my own goose language and words and I communicate to him and he understands too. He likes to nibble the ends of my long hair. He's fascinated, I guess?.

He has a lady mate now (Mrs. Koose_Koose - Kimbabwe) and 3 offspring. He is very very protective of them. He fights with my pot bellied pig, turkey, and goat! He's sweet to me, nonetheless. I have to separate them at times!

Mr Koose walks so proud and as you can see, I am very fond of this lovable and handsome goose and so is Mrs. Koose-Koose.

By Mona from Hatchechubbee, AL

So interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Normally I don't like these geese, they like to be pests and push out the local geese when my daughter and I go to feed them, but this story was TOO CUTE! Thanks!

What a handsome goose! And friendly, too! A nice story.

He is beautiful and so smart! I know you enjoy having him and his missus around. Thanks for sharing. God bless you and Happy New Year!

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! what a lucky goose and gander! -- and goslings! (smiles) would you mind if i share your story with my friends? let me know at tygerlily59s@yahoo.com please?

A goose that didn't want to be in the water--how funny! I bet the two of you looked hilarious when you were trying to teach him to swim! Too bad no one taped you--it probably would have been worth its weight in gold! I'm glad everything worked out for both of you. He's wonderful.

Thank you for letting me know how they are doing and being such a wonderful mommy and GRANDMA to them!! It made my day reading the story!! I know they are in a wonderful home and they will be great guard gooses for you!

Great story, thanks for sharing! I've never seen an African Goose before.

Has Mr Koose Koose seen Mr Paws, my cat? He ran away and maybe your pet goose can fly around my neighborhood and look for him.

I love Mr Koose Koose.

--Fast Eddie

Mr. Koose Koose is the luckiest goose alive, I wish I was lucky like Mr. Koose Koose. Why he so lucky? Jason

Why mr koose koose always making jokes? Mr koose koose such a funny goose.

Only see Mr. Koose-Koose he's kind a cute, nice healthy and as you said so beastly. So lucky that he got you not only as a doctor but also as a teacher I guess they're in good hands. When you call no goose language ha?

brings back fond memories

I just wanted to let you know I have an African Goose named Koose-Goose! I got a kick out of the fact that I'm not the only one who picked that kind of a name for a goose!

Mr Koose Koose is such a pretty goose. I told him not to mention he did anyway, so you got yelled at. Anyway, you can only go to party Friday night or Saturday cause you needed to recuperate on Sunday too much mojito no good. Mr Koose Koose is my friend.

Sincerely, Miss Z

(African Goose)

Pet Goose
Photos and Information About Pet Geese
Photos Pets OtherJanuary 7, 2008
African Violets
Growing African Violets
Roast Goose Recipes
Roast Goose Recipes
A wild baby goose.
Rescuing Wild Baby Geese
African Daisy Photo
Growing African Daisies
🎉
🎄