Listing a Vacation Rental

I am looking for places where vacation rentals could be listed. The property in question is in New York, but people from all over the world come to stay there. I am aware of Craigslist, but I was wondering what else is out there. Thanks.

By brigitte from Israel

Try Kijiji (it's pronounced key gee gee.) We only used it when we were trying to breed our mastiff, but I believe they have a little of everything there, and it's free and easy to use.

Best thing would probably be to call a few New York realtors in the area of the property and ask their advice. They also deal with rental management. If you use one you will need to pay a fee but being that they are local they will keep an eye on the property and would save you lots of possible headaches and heartaches :-)

Contact the NY Convention and Visitors Bureau and tell them what you want (i.e. are you willing to pay to list). Also, you could Google "apt. listings NYC" and then contact those you like about listing with them. The (maybe) problem with Craigslist is how do you check the people out from Israel? I'd be hesitant about renting internationally through them. You might want to go through other channels. Best of luck. These are only my opinions.

Try listing with VRBO Vacation Rentals by Owner Great website. Good luck.

Hi! Thanks for the ideas so far. I should clarify, I live in Israel, but I am helping someone out by posting listings on the internet. He manages the apartment, so there is no need for a Realtor. I wanted an alternative to Craig's since any reader can just delete your posts at whim there. I am particularly interested in classified or community lists out of the US, since many non- Americans have rented from him when visiting New York. The preference of course are for non-paid exposure.

Business and Legal BusinessSeptember 14, 2009
An aerial photo of Disneyland.
Saving Money on a Disney Vacation
Saving Money a Ski Vacation, Sisters on Ski Vacation
Saving Money a Ski Vacation
Vacation Fund Jar
Frugal Vacation Activities
Saving Money on Vacation Rentals
Saving Money on Vacation Rentals