Starting Hyacinth Bulbs in Water

If you are starting a hyacinth bulb in water, how long do you leave it in there before you actually plant it?

Hardiness Zone: 6b

Yes, you can plant them after the blooms die but they probably won't bloom til next year.

If you are forcing these bulbs for spring blossoms in the house, you usually enjoy the blossoms and then throw out the bulbs. I suppose you could plant them, but most people don't.

I always plant my bulbs after they have flowered and the greenery has been cut back. I dont like to save them to rebloom the next year because sometimes they rot. I dont like to waste anything. So I always plant them in the garden near my door. Then, when they bloom in the spring, I'm treated to the beautiful flowers all over again. If you allow them to bloom inside the house by "forcing" them, they wont bloom until the next spring.

Best of luck

Forcing Hyacinth Bulbs
Forcing Hyacinth Bulbs
Home and Garden Gardening BulbsJanuary 20, 2009
A hand holding an incandescent bulb.
Using Incandescent Bulbs
Purple Hyacinth
Growing Hyacinth
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent), A light bulb.
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent)
Fall crocus bulbs.
Growing Bulbs in Every Season