Valentine Cookies

My family has made these cookies for many years. every time I get out the faded recipe card, I think of all the memories on Valentines' days in the past both in making the cookies and the smiles that are always there when I serve or give them away.

• 3 cups flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • Your favorite icing and any sprinkles or chocolate chips you want to add.

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a bowl, stir the flour and baking powder together. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar and mix well. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and mix again. Add the flour and baking powder to the mixture gradually.

Flatten the dough, cover it in plastic and chill it in the refrigerator for about two hours. Take the dough out of the fridge, and roll it out on a lightly floured surface until it is about 1/4-inch thick.

Cut out hearts or other shapes with cookie cutters. Place the shaped dough on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until very light golden brown. Let cool. Use your favorite icing and sprinkles, chocolate chips, etc. that you like.

Source: Passed on to me from my mother in law many years ago.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

A heart drawn in chocolate.
Valentine's Day Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cookies FancyFebruary 8, 2010
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Making Valentine's Day Boiled Eggs
Making Valentine's Day Boiled Eggs
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
🎄
🍂