Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Epsom Salts for Plants

Use Epson salt to perk up your plants and make them lush and healthy. Use a teaspoon per gallon.

By Fran from Bath, PA

Recent Feedback

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By welbilt bread machine02/17/2011

Thanks for tip, I've heard of it before, but needed a reminder! :)

Here are questions related to Epsom Salts for Plants.

Question: Using Epsom Salts on Plants

Do you add the Epsom salts (1 TB/gallon of water) alone or with your nutrient recipe?

By Jo-Ann L.

Most Recent Answer

By Spacecase02/20/2012

Depending on the size of the pot, or area of ground, I just grab a fist full and throw it in then water. I have very tiny hands though so I don't over do it.

Question: Epsom Salt For Flowers

How much Epsom salt do I add to a gallon of water for flowers?

By Perla

Most Recent Answer

By Jackleigh05/10/2011

Hi Perla,
The correct mix is one tablespoon of Epsom salts per gallon of water.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Epsom Salts for Plants

Epsom salts works wonders for houseplants because the magnesium sulfate helps cleanse the soil of harmful salts that tend to accumulate in the pots.

Give your roses a growth spurt, water them with an Epsom salts solution in May, and then again in June.

Mix two tablespoons of Epsom salts in a gallon of water, apply half of it to the soil in May, the other half in June. Epsom salts provide magnesium, which will stimulate growth.

By Susan

Epsom Salts for Plants

For houseplants, especially ferns: Mix one teaspoon epsom salts with one gallon water. Feed your plants once a week with the mix. Don't forget to water your ferns everyday. They love water! (07/19/2005)

By R Lowry

RE: Epsom Salts for Plants

My neighbor used to have raspberries that hung in clusters like grapes, they were huge! All she did was "broadcast" Epsom salt onto them during the rainy season, spring here in Idaho. (01/19/2006)

By acesnanna

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to post feedback.