Epsom Salts for Plants

Use Epson salt to perk up your plants and make them lush and healthy. Use a teaspoon per gallon.

By Fran from Bath, PA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Thanks for tip, I've heard of it before, but needed a reminder! :)

Comment

Do you add the Epsom salts (1 Tbsp/gallon of water) alone or with your nutrient recipe?

By Jo-Ann L.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Depending on the size of the pot, or area of ground, I just grab a fist full and throw it in then water. I have very tiny hands though so I don't over do it.

How much Epsom salt do I add to a gallon of water for flowers?

By Perla

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi Perla,

The correct mix is one tablespoon of Epsom salts per gallon of water.

Epsom salts works wonders for houseplants because the magnesium sulfate helps cleanse the soil of harmful salts that tend to accumulate in the pots.

Give your roses a growth spurt, water them with an Epsom salts solution in May, and then again in June.

Mix two tablespoons of Epsom salts in a gallon of water, apply half of it to the soil in May, the other half in June. Epsom salts provide magnesium, which will stimulate growth.

By Susan

Epsom Salts for Plants

For houseplants, especially ferns: Mix one teaspoon epsom salts with one gallon water. Feed your plants once a week with the mix. Don't forget to water your ferns everyday. They love water!
(07/19/2005)

By R Lowry

Epsom Salts for Plants

My neighbor used to have raspberries that hung in clusters like grapes, they were huge! All she did was "broadcast" Epsom salt onto them during the rainy season, spring here in Idaho. (01/19/2006)

By acesnanna

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
fertilizing plants
Using Fertilizer in Your Garden
Home and Garden Gardening FertilizerFebruary 2, 2010
Powdery Mildew on Plants
Treating Plants with Powdery Mildew
Leaves Turning Yellow
Plants Leaves Turning Yellow
Homemade Bath Salts
Homemade Bath Salts Recipes
Zombie Boy Climbing Stairs
Making a Plants vs. Zombies Costume
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 2, 2016 at 8:08:37 AM on 10.0.2.115 in 514 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.