Engrave "Reward" On Your Dog's ID Tag

In addition to my dog's name and our cell phone numbers, I have the ID tag engraved with the word "REWARD." If perchance my dogs ever went missing, a finder will be more inclined to contact me and less tempted to keep my super-cute dog for themselves. Only once in 25 years has one of my dogs gotten out, and I gave the finder $20 as a "reward."

By Laura from Long Beach, CA

Laura - it's generally considered a bad idea to have your dog's name on its tag - if someone is more interested in the dog that the reward, knowing its name will help them acclimate the dog easily into their household. I certainly like your suggestion, and will apply it to my own dear pet. But your name, address, and contact numbers are the best things to put on the tag, along w/REWARD! I love it!

Pets AdviceFebruary 22, 2008
Cheerleaders
Gifts for Cheerleaders
A preschooler working on a drawing.
Reward Ideas for Preschoolers
Shar Pei
Removing a Dog's Skin Tag
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
🎄
🍂