Ideas for Thoughtful Inclusions in Get Well Cards

I am looking for ideas to put in get well cards, other than bookmarks. I have lost a button blessing poem that you could attach a pretty button to. This was just right for mailing. In the meantime I need to find an idea for just a little something extra that would not be a problem in mailing. Something quick and easy to make. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks for any help.

By Naomi from SE IA

A pretty hankie. I have seen different places where a person can still buy pretty ladies hankies. Find a really neat "thinking of you poem and type it up on a piece of colored printer paper, and then in some scrapbooking departments you can find a booklet about the size of a notebook, that has all different styles and sizes of frames in it that you punch out. You could then cut the paper the poem is on to the right size and glue it to the back of the frame and stick that in the card. Google free craft patterns and you might come across something easy to make and that isn't too spendy.

Thanks for the good ideas. I'll be keeping my eyes open for hankies.

I have used business cards that I typed my self that say -- "HUGS" or some such. This is a hug from me, now you pass on the card to another who needs a hug...something like that.

How about crochet doilies, a package of flower seeds, pictures, coupons, postage stamps or stamped postcards the recipient could send out, paper menus from favorite eating places, a homemade jigsaw puzzle out of paper that can be put together and has a message on it or picture cut into pieces to assemble? That's all I can think of. Good luck.

Man in Hospital With Get Well Card
Sending Get Well Cards
Crafts MiscellaneousMay 3, 2010
Framed Business Card
Other Uses for Business Cards
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
Teaching a Child to Be Thoughtful
Teaching a Child to Be Thoughtful